JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
if a guy came across the money to buy a Giraud power trimmer are they worth it?

Keep in mind he truly dislikes the trimming part of reloading. Really appreciates efficiency and reliability and prefers to not have to rely on someone else for prepared brass.

Your $. You wouldn't be disappointed. I have a Wilson trimmer with a power screwdriver and I LOVE it. $100 for the trimmer about and $30 for the Home Depot brand driver.

I'd spend money on a good scale and autotrickler.

Keep in mind he truly dislikes the trimming part of reloading. Really appreciates efficiency and reliability and prefers to not have to rely on someone else for prepared brass.

You bet!!! I have been trying to save up for one but it seems that something else catches my eye. :p
Give us a review once you have test driven it.;)

1,000 Xs YES!!!

You get one you'll wonder how you ever managed the tedious chore without it!
Spendy but oh so worth it!

Yes, the Giraud power trimmer is an excellent tool. I've had mine for a couple of years and use it for 5.56 and 6.8 SPC. It makes quick work of trimming the brass, plus it is very consistent.

I'm too cheap I guess. I too HATE trimming. This is the easiest one I have
ever used. I bought the WFT in 223, 308 & 30/06.
Trims off of the case shoulder like the Giraud. I use a dewalt
20V brushless cordless drill. A little half turn trims quick and easy.
I have done thousands of 223 and 30/06. No signs of wear and
never had to adjust any of the trim lengths! Consistent accurate
trim and leaves very little to chamfer and debur unlike other trimmers.:rolleyes:
Little Crow Gunworks World's Finest Trimmer 6x45mm - MPN: WFT 6x45mm

Last Edited:
Ok, I just went through this exercise. I think trimming is the bane of every reloaders existence. I looked at all of them to replace my hand crank RCBS and ended up settling on the Frankfort Arsenal case prep station. I liked the WFT but wanted to not have to a different trimmer for each caliber (I reload a bunch of different bottlenecks). The FA has a nice collett system to adapt to whatever caliber and then the motorized trimmer and chamfer/bevel tools all together. I trimmed 100 7mm cases in about 20 mins. My only dislike is that it leaves a pile of brass shavings on your workbench, but that's why God invented shallow tubs or tarps I guess. :p

Ok, I just went through this exercise. I think trimming is the bane of every reloaders existence. I looked at all of them to replace my hand crank RCBS and ended up settling on the Frankfort Arsenal case prep station. I trimmed 100 7mm cases in about 20 mins. My only dislike is that it leaves a pile of brass shavings on your workbench, but that's why God invented shallow tubs or tarps I guess. :p

The Dillon power trimmer I bought comes with a manifold that hooks up to a vacuum cleaner to draw off the shavings. It will trim 100 cases in under 5 minutes.

I have the Giraud Tri Way in 223 and 308. I and going to buy a motor, or just buy the whole deal someday, but good now just use a drill. Easily one of the best investments in reloading.

The Dillon power trimmer I bought comes with a manifold that hooks up to a vacuum cleaner to draw off the shavings. It will trim 100 cases in under 5 minutes.

Yeah, I looked at the Dillon, but decided against it for two reasons:

• 1st, I don't like having shavings anywhere near my 650. Yeah, I know there's a vacuum attachment, but with my luck it would break, fall off, plug, or some other ridiculous thing that would end up dumping shavings into my Dillon
  • 2nd; I can buy two of the FA case prep machines for the cost of the Dillon trimmer. I like Dillon equipment as much as the next guy, but I just couldn't justify the extra cost for me.
Gotta love the 100 cases in under 5 minutes thing though :D

Power trimmer, Gaaaa. How am I suppose to keep my arthritic fingers and hands limber if I'm not crankin', and turning that little handle to lock/unlock ever danged shell into position? What a colossal waste of money! o_O

And the brass shavings? I think they're kinda pretty, shinning there on the trimmer, bench, lap,...socks/shoes. Silly people.

Power trimmer, Gaaaa. How am I suppose to keep my arthritic fingers and hands limber if I'm not crankin', and turning that little handle to lock/unlock ever danged shell into position? What a colossal waste of money! o_O

And the brass shavings? I think they're kinda pretty, shinning there on the trimmer, bench, lap,...socks/shoes. Silly people.

I'm there with you Mike although it's been a while since I trimmed any rifle brass. I'm definitely not looking forward to the next 2-3k....:eek:

I'm there with you Mike although it's been a while since I trimmed any rifle brass. I'm definitely not looking forward to the next 2-3k....:eek:

We be thankful we don't have to trim 9mm. :D Of course that's what Wifey and I shoot most. I haven't shot enough .223 to use up the K that I bought a couple of years ago but I imagine when I do start the trimming it will be a bit easier than .38sp.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top