JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old Chinese 870 clone. I used the furniture on another gun and all I have to go with it is some beat up wood. Last time I took it apart to clean it, I can't get it back together. It's in terrible condition and not worth fixing. How do I get rid of it? I don't want it to be a statistic that some gun buy back uses to claim they were successful.

I have an old Chinese 870 clone. I used the furniture on another gun and all I have to go with it is some beat up wood. Last time I took it apart to clean it, I can't get it back together. It's in terrible condition and not worth fixing. How do I get rid of it? I don't want it to be a statistic that some gun buy back uses to claim they were successful.
Pictures may help, I dont have a need for this but I bet someone out there needs the parts. My $0.02

Well, with your blessing and a signed agreement that I'd never use it in a buyback or sell it, I'd love to take it off your hands and use it to teach my son and daughter about firearm maintenance and assembly.
Some of the best mechanical learning I ever had was making old stuff I trashpicked work. Bicycles, lawn mowers, cars.
[edit to add] my first 22 became unsafe and would blow powder back into the shooter's face. I bent then scrapped the bolt and laid a nasty mig bead in the chamber and breech so the gun was completely unusable, then tossed it in the scrap.

Just drop it off at Oregon City PD. They'll run it over to Benchmade and have it chopped up. Easy Peasy....:s0155:
A big thanks to @Smitty79, it's at my house. :)
I put it back together and the pump action is so stout, my son cannot rack it (like the draw on an 80 lb bow). He and I are going to strip it down, make it manageable and then turn it into something fun.
He was surprised at how simple the design is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top