JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've had issues with my teeth for as long as I can remember, so two days after Christmas I'm getting them all (26) pulled. I'm not stressed out by the procedure and am in fact looking forward to it. Truth is the only part I regret are how many rifles and how much ammunition I could buy with the money I'm about to throw down.

I'm pondering over whether or not to get the snap in implants and would like to get input from anybody who has gone that route. Mainly want to find out if they work as advertised and if they are worth the $6K investment.

I's also like others feedback and thoughts on how long it took them to heal from the extractions and get used to dentures. Also any tips that helped you during the healing process.

I have a permanent implant that covers 4 teeth. It's been trouble free for a decade.

It was really cool when the dentist whipped out an itty bitty ratchet and torque wrench to drive the studs into the bone and I'm laying there giggling away on nitrous, thinking of Bill Murray and Steve Martin in Little Shop Of Horrors.

giphy.gif

Heck, I just found out I'm have both my carpels tunneled at 0600 tomorrow morning. Was supposed to be between xmas and new years but there was a cancel.

If you wanna come over and hang out, I'll let my nursing staff know.

I have a permanent implant that covers 4 teeth. It's been trouble free for a decade.

It was really cool when the dentist whipped out an itty bitty ratchet and torque wrench to drive the studs into the bone and I'm laying there giggling away on nitrous, thinking of Bill Murray and Steve Martin in Little Shop Of Horrors.

View attachment 413262

Not going to do gas - the only bad experience I've had with oral surgery was too much gas when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. When it go to the point where I had to concentrate to keep breathing I thought I was going to die. I vaguely remember the Dentist saying that he didn't mean to send me into outer space.

How long was the healing process from the implants and how painful was it? Advantages over going without?

Whatever your choice, there's one big advantage....
....you can do your tooth maintenance on the bench when you're cleaning your guns!:)

Sounds like I'm gunna need new upper and lower vise blocks... Mrs. 3M is going to love my Hoppes #9 breath :D

Late last June I had 18 teeth pulled at once. It took all of 21 minutes from start to finish. The "road to recovery" is long and a bit painful. Avoid the opiates if you can. (I dumped them after two days). Get plenty of rest and keep your mouth rinsed with plenty of specialized mouthwash. Later, you can switch over to Hydrogen Peroxide.

When the new year dawns, I'll be going for a denture reline. It isn't fun and you'll miss crisp apples, carrots and a lot of harder foods.

Blessings, and all the best.

Late last June I had 18 teeth pulled at once. It took all of 21 minutes from start to finish. The "road to recovery" is long and a bit painful. Avoid the opiates if you can. (I dumped them after two days). Get plenty of rest and keep your mouth rinsed with plenty of specialized mouthwash. Later, you can switch over to Hydrogen Peroxide.

When the new year dawns, I'll be going for a denture reline. It isn't fun and you'll miss crisp apples, carrots and a lot of harder foods.

Blessings, and all the best.

I'm hoping the implants will help with the harder foods. As it is I have so many broken and fractured teeth I have to chew using my incisors, so it's mostly all soft foods as it is.

Implants are much better. When I go on tour, I'll want implants. (I just hope that I can afford it). It will be incumbent upon my income from touring with Gary Sinese to afford them.

We'll see how it goes.

I'm hoping the implants will help with the harder foods. As it is I have so many broken and fractured teeth I have to chew using my incisors, so it's mostly all soft foods as it is.

My Orthodontist told me that Dental Implants are the "gold standard" when it comes to dental prosthetics. You are going to be far better off with the implants.

God's blessings, brother.

My Orthodontist told me that Dental Implants are the "gold standard" when it comes to dental prosthetics. You are going to be far better off with the implants.

God's blessings, brother.

To clarify, I'm not looking at the implants where you have a titanium post for each tooth - those cost at least $2500 EACH. That's WAY out of my budget. What I am looking at are the same type of post, but the denture snaps into them so it doesn't move after it's seated, like this:

upload_2017-12-14_14-50-45.png

Basically a mechanical version of polygrip. Now, if I win the lottery I'm going the 'spensive route.

To clarify, I'm not looking at the implants where you have a titanium post for each tooth - those cost at least $2500 EACH. That's WAY out of my budget. What I am looking at are the same type of post, but the denture snaps into them so it doesn't move after it's seated, like this:

View attachment 413311

Basically a mechanical version of polygrip. Now, if I win the lottery I'm going the 'spensive route.

I am familiar with those as well and want them myself. If you're on stage or in the studio, you don't really want to stop and reapply adhesive. Not only that, the "snap-in" implants permit you to eat and speak as you did when you had your natural teeth.

When you're a voice talent/mimic, enunciation is key. I'll have 50 years experience come June of 2018. I'll be damned if I'll compromise it.

View attachment 413311

I had all my teeth pulled over ten years ago. They implanted two posts in my lower jaw for the dentures and the dentures fit well and looked great. There was one problem unfortunately nobody foresaw. I have an very sensitive gag reflex problem so every time I put them in I would gag no end until I pulled them out. I tried for the longest time but no use, finally gave up. Now my wife on the other hand had hers pulled on Monday of this week, has her dentures in and is doing just great. I wont sugar coat it and say it doesn't hurt but it is a one time deal and your done. Good luck.

I was in the same boat as you and I had mine pulled 10-11 yrs ago. Problem was that I'd had a heart attack 5-6 months prior and was on blood thinners. Short of paying up the yazoo for dental surgery I ended up having a few pulled daily (because of blood clotting issues) which made for a real long couple of weeks. Haven't had any problems with hard foods, I was eating Corn Nuts at work a few weeks after. Biting into an apple is a little iffy but you'll learn to cut it up 1st.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top