JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gerber LMF II ASEK
41638208_9445111.jpg

They are about $60-$70 new and about $10 less on ebay, have heard good things on other forums and good things from knifetests.com But Im looking for some Pacific NorthWest Users 1st hand accounts....

anyone have one?

how do you like it?

what do you dislike?

is there a better survival knife for the $$$???

I think I will be getting one soon, I just want to be sure there is not a better knife for the $60-70 I am going to spend...

I have one and I love it. For the money I haven't found a better knife. I carry it with me every time I go hiking and it hasn't failed me yet. Sure, there are better knives out there, but I don't think anything is close in that price range IMHO.

It is sharp, and durable. The blade itself is pretty thick, which makes it seem more ridgid (not a knife expert!). I don't think you will regret it.

J

iStud-

I got one. Carried it all throughout Afghanistan. Did ever thing I needed it to do but (thank God) didn't have to carve my out of a helicopter fusilage which it can do nor use the window/glass tip to evac out. Used it as a pry bar many of times and it screwed a humvee turtle back hard top. We rolled into into KAF and stored our gear. The guy who was up top didn't get my knife that was attached to my kit all the way in and it threw the trunk off it's hinge. My knife sheath was 'crushed' but no real harm.

I will send you pics if you want.

SF-

I have both the Gerber LMF and the prodigy as well. I did a comparison write up on both of them on my website last year, here is the link. http://heezy.com

I have taken both knifes on extensive hikes/hunts in the north cascades and have nothing really bad to say about them except that the LMF is very heavy as noted before. I now keep the prodigy in my GHB (Get Home Bag) in my truck and have the ASEK LMF attached to my BOB (Bail Out Bag) at home.

I would say that if you want to only carry one knife and no hatchet or axe then take the bigger LMF. I like to carry a hatchet with me and it's a bit much to carry both. So I usually grab my Rat Cutlery RC-3 if I have the hatchet with me. It's good for smaller chores and has many carry options. Plus it's easier to clean animals with. Either way you can't go wrong and I don't think the knife itself will lose any value. You could buy it today for $75 and sell it 5 years from now for the same price probably.

I have both the Gerber LMF and the prodigy as well. I did a comparison write up on both of them on my website last year, here is the link. http://heezy.com

I have taken both knifes on extensive hikes/hunts in the north cascades and have nothing really bad to say about them except that the LMF is very heavy as noted before. I now keep the prodigy in my GHB (Get Home Bag) in my truck and have the ASEK LMF attached to my BOB (Bail Out Bag) at home.

I would say that if you want to only carry one knife and no hatchet or axe then take the bigger LMF. I like to carry a hatchet with me and it's a bit much to carry both. So I usually grab my Rat Cutlery RC-3 if I have the hatchet with me. It's good for smaller chores and has many carry options. Plus it's easier to clean animals with. Either way you can't go wrong and I don't think the knife itself will lose any value. You could buy it today for $75 and sell it 5 years from now for the same price probably.

cool page! good review!!! Thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads