JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today, not quite the same, where labor is as you inferred being taken over by machines and the the highest paid workers - who mostly labor with their brains - are highly specialized/rare/expensive/not so fungible.
But isn't this what AI is going to be all about? AI being the latest step in technological take-over of human labor. Not forgetting that some of this brainy labor is already disappearing in the US, being shifted to lower cost labor markets. So I guess the brainy workers in India, Philippines, etc. will be the losers there.

So for a while, workers will have to cast about for occupations that are difficult to fill by technology and automation. I don't know if fast food joints will offer any succor; I've seen automated bar tending robots on cruise ships so something like that is certainly possible for flipping burgers. Truck driving has been a fall-back for some blue collar workers, but even that may get overtaken by self-driving trucks. It will start with long haul, likely would take some time to filter down economically to local dirt haulers, etc.

Trash trucks used to have a crew of two or three men. Then they came out with those robotic arms that lift and dump the trash from controls at the driver's seat. And so on.

But isn't this what AI is going to be all about? AI being the latest step in technological take-over of human labor. Not forgetting that some of this brainy labor is already disappearing in the US, being shifted to lower cost labor markets. So I guess the brainy workers in India, Philippines, etc. will be the losers there.

So for a while, workers will have to cast about for occupations that are difficult to fill by technology and automation. I don't know if fast food joints will offer any succor; I've seen automated bar tending robots on cruise ships so something like that is certainly possible for flipping burgers. Truck driving has been a fall-back for some blue collar workers, but even that may get overtaken by self-driving trucks. It will start with long haul, likely would take some time to filter down economically to local dirt haulers, etc.
Trash trucks used to have a crew of two or three men. Then they came out with those robotic arms that lift and dump the trash from controls at the driver's seat. And so on.
Automated restaurants are already tested and proven just not cost-beneficial enough yet, when the Fifteentards demand "fulltime skilled-labor wages and bennies for part time fry-cook work" we'll start seeing more automation... and that will e the end of the McJob entry-level positions.

Goodbye entry level opportunities to prove yourself and learn skills, hello dependent wards of the state and serfdom.

Automated restaurants are already tested and proven
1950s AutoMats, early contactless dining system :s0140: sandwiches-displayed-at-an-automat.jpg TheAutomat.jpeg Automat-NARA-16-H-006-CEN-284.jpg

I'd say they've been tested over 70 years prior, or the average lifetime ago.

The only thing is the preparation and cooking which might require scaling down things based on frozen food processing plants equipment and adding some AI/machine learning systems.

1950s AutoMats, early contactless dining system :s0140: View attachment 1793106View attachment 1793107View attachment 1793108

I'd say they've been tested over 70 years prior, or the average lifetime ago.

The only thing is the preparation and cooking which might require scaling down things based on frozen food processing plants equipment and adding some AI/machine learning systems.
Those required people in the kitchen and to stock the vending machines, the Momentum burgerbot only needs restocking the ingredient hoppers and someone to take delivery of the wrapped finished product.

Bonus, you know your food wasn't spat in.

Note that this was in testing 5-10 years ago, so it's just a matter of the cost of staying with humans exceeding the cost of switching...

Those required people in the kitchen and to stock the vending machines, the Momentum burgerbot only needs restocking the ingredient hoppers and someone to take delivery of the wrapped finished product.

Bonus, you know your food wasn't spat in.
Right, that's why I said that the problems lies in food preparation and cooking between getting the ingredients and serving at the counter. The Automat was an early version of the contactless kitchen thing that several places kind of did during the Covid thing. The fully automated is indeed much newer but the concept is pretty old. How long until they start testing cannibalism in some places? :eek: :s0001: think Soylent Green lol

Note that this was in testing 5-10 years ago, so it's just a matter of the cost of staying with humans exceeding the cost of switching...

Automated restaurants are already tested and proven just not cost-beneficial enough yet, when the Fifteentards demand "fulltime skilled-labor wages and bennies for part time fry-cook work" we'll start seeing more automation... and that will e the end of the McJob entry-level positions.

Goodbye entry level opportunities to prove yourself and learn skills, hello dependent wards of the state and serfdom.
Meanwhile highly educated H1B1 foreign workers will come over and fill all of the professional careers or corporations will look to offshore work.

Meanwhile highly educated H1B1 foreign workers will come over and fill all of the professional careers or corporations will look to offshore work.
Which only reinforces the kicking of the already-here into a permanent underclass. Until they can line the chesspieces up on the board for the Great Culling... COVID was only a limited test run on that.

Right, that's why I said that the problems lies in food preparation and cooking between getting the ingredients and serving at the counter. The Automat was an early version of the contactless kitchen thing that several places kind of did during the Covid thing. The fully automated is indeed much newer but the concept is pretty old. How long until they start testing cannibalism in some places? :eek: :s0001: think Soylent Green lol
There IS a "food" startup pushing "grow meat from your own cheek tissue"... autocannibalism is still cannibalism.

I think the problems with China and covid disruptions lack of masks initually have taught most USA corporations some lessons about resilience. And they will bring as much industry back to USA when possible. Or to Mexico if USA isn't workable.

Any industry we locate in some other country is hostage to its government. We should locate everything we can in USA. Go to Mexico when the labor situation makes something unworkable for USA.

Robotic restaurants will make sense only in places where there is a huge customer base, adequate rather than top food quality is sufficient, only cold items or items that can be left hot a while are included, and the menu is rarely changed.

That excludes a steak. It has to be cooked rare, medium rare or well done. And taken off the grill a few minutes before serving and allowed to sit on a prewarned plate just long enough to finish cooking and for the juices to go through a phase shift so they don't bruh out, and steak will be juicy and flavorful, not dry. Any fish is equally exacting . A beef and vegetable stew would work so would barbecued meat. Baked potatoes can sit a while.

Last Edited:
Automation in the low skilled job market will increase undoubtedly as these minimum wages go up. Seattle increased their minimum wage as of 1 January to just under $20 an hour for larger firms. Hours will be cut I'm sure along with other cutbacks to protect the bottom line. Wonder how many will flock to Seattle and Tukwila to "cash in".

Robotic restaurants will make sense only in places where there is a huge customer base, adequate rather than top food quality is sufficient, only cold items or items that can be left hot a while are included, and the menu is rarely changed.
Hence why they're targeted at the fast-food sector, burgers/sandwiches and pizza. Easier to do such simple things than a filet mignon or chicken cordon bleu hands-free.

These will be the food for the masses until they can push synthpaste from bugs on everybody, and "sit down" dining will become a luxury for a privileged few.

Last Edited:
Let's not indoctrinate the kiddies in public schools with the favored political ideology of anyone.
Hmmm. Was just thinking about saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools when I was a kid. I suddenly realized that it was only the "civilian" schools that did the Pledge or bible readings. Not the two on-AF-bases, one in Montgomery Alabama and one in Tokyo. The two schools where every kid's dad was serving his country-- they didn't do the Pledge or bible reading.

However, I don't think most civilian kids know proper flag courtesy. On a military base when the flag was raised or lowered , every kid stopped or got off his bike and paid proper respects, standing, hand over heart, while the flag was raised or lowered.

Hmmm. Was just thinking about saying the Pledge of Allegiance in schools when I was a kid. I suddenly realized that it was only the "civilian" schools that did the Pledge or bible readings. Not the two on-AF-bases, one in Montgomery Alabama and one in Tokyo. The two schools where every kid's dad was serving his country-- they didn't do the Pledge or bible reading.

However, I don't think most civilian kids know proper flag courtesy. On a military base when the flag was raised or lowered , every kid stopped or got off his bike and paid proper respects, standing, hand over heart, while the flag was raised or lowered.
You bring up prayer reading/Pledge of Allegiance. I grew up in Utah, 12 miles south of The Mormon Temple. Started first grade in 1961. Dad was Atheist, mom was Mormon, from a 5 sibling home. Mom wasn't practicing, but did go to church functions, as did I. The laws states a separation of church and state. Utah abided by that, where I grew up anyway. There were no prayers in school. We did stand with our hand over our hearts and recite the new version Pledge every morning in 1st through 6th grade. When it came to high school there was a seminary building just off school property on the other side of the fence through a gate. Students that wanted to learn/study the Mormon church could opt for the class. I didn't give in much thought at the time, but thinking about it since, it tells me that the Mormons must of had incredible respect for our country, and at the same time, allowing those that were religious to study their beliefs. And as they should have, kept prayer and religion OUT of the schools!

Hence why they're targeted at the fast-food sector, burgers/sandwiches and pizza. Easier to do such simple things than a filet mignon or chicken cordon bleu hands-free.

These will be the food for the masses until they can push synthpaste from bugs on everybody, and "sit down" dining will become a luxury for a privileged few.
Don't like bugs?
Perhaps snakes are the answer

Pythons are a low-emission, climate-resilient food source, converting feed to protein better than chickens or cattle, new research has found.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top