JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's too early to write an essay response to that question :0

But..in short, I'm not worried. So far we still live in a Constitutional Republic..not a 'pure democracy'. Unfortunately many are trying to pretend we are run by a simple majority (measure 114 comes to mind) Yet they keep getting blocked by this piece of paper known as the constitution.

James Madison explained it all pretty well in The Federalist Papers #10 Federalist #10

Based on that the framers made it pretty tough to allow rule by simple majority. Even IF the house, the senate, and the president ALL approved an unconstitutional law, especially a change or addition to constitutional amendments, it would still go to the Supreme Court. And if an amendment is pushed through because all of the above agreed..lets say to abolish or change our 2nd Ammendment..3/4's of the States would still need to ratify it. That's a long haul. Thank god for the flyover states ;)

It's too early to write an essay response to that question :0

But..in short, I'm not worried. So far we still live in a Constitutional Republic..not a 'pure democracy'. Unfortunately many are trying to pretend we are run by a simple majority (measure 114 comes to mind) Yet they keep getting blocked by this piece of paper known as the constitution.

James Madison explained it all pretty well in The Federalist Papers #10 Federalist #10

Based on that the framers made it pretty tough to allow rule by simple majority. Even IF the house, the senate, and the president ALL approved an unconstitutional law, especially a change or addition to constitutional amendments, it would still go to the Supreme Court. And if an amendment is pushed through because all of the above agreed..lets say to abolish or change our 2nd Ammendment..3/4's of the States would still need to ratify it. That's a long haul. Thank god for the flyover states ;)
Thank you. A reasonable speculation.

Well, since you essentially can't walk out to deny quorum without sacrificing your job anymore, I'd say "they" can pass whatever they darn well please whenever they want. And there's nothing that can be done about it except take em to court. Every single time.

Well, since you essentially can't walk out to deny quorum without sacrificing your job anymore, I'd say "they" can pass whatever they darn well please whenever they want. And there's nothing that can be done about it except take em to court. Every single time.
Far more can be done about it, but far to few are not willing to sacrifice enough to do it. We didn't gain our independence in a voting booth or attending public meetings or writing legislatures.

Please don't misunderstand... I think the above items are good starting point and I thank those who actively participate in maintaining the little freedoms we have left. However, we are past the point of relying on our failing court systems to speak constitutionally on our behalf.

Its past time we get nasty with our so called leadership. And before you ask... yes I'm willing to risk life and limb to rebuild and preserve what this country was founded on. Especially if it means there is a viable future for up and coming generations. Furthermore, yes, my family is aware and supportive of this as they understand the likely continued degradation of our God given rights.

Unfortunately, rallying enough people who are equally as fed up and READY and WILLING to do whatever it may take to right the ship is seemingly impossible.

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

Last Edited:
How long before some extremely unconstitutional bills are ramrodded through the legislature?
The list of anti-gun BS is huge for WA and OR but that one in WA that regulates FFLs out of existence is bad. What if the legislature some day regulated churches out of existence? Newspapers? Radio stations?

It and other laws violate our fundamental rights. They will keep pushing it beyond the boundaries of what is legal because there are no consequences for the legislators to act in what is basically a criminal and tyrannical manner.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top