JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess a BushMaster AR-15 in the hands of law enforcement is a semi-automatic rifle...

But in the hands of a mere citizen becomes a scary "assault weapon"...

I'm confused. Perhaps I just need progressive, liberal and leftist dictionaries to keep upon these changing definitions...

Yup, this is the jist of my post.

If a civilian did this they either would call it an assault rifle or wouldnt mention the gun at all...

Gator responds to home invasion, trees invader, gator shot by officer while waiting for first responded. Invader unharmed.

Remember dipping in a lot of ponds when I was stationed in southern Fla-da (NAS JAX). What spooked me more than the gators was the frigging snakes.

When you see a snake, they're most likely trying to not move.

Its when you don't see the snakes that they become a problem. Unless you're a clown, snakes never bother us clowns. :rolleyes:

An elderly man in North Carolina had owned a large farm for several years. He had a large pond in the back, fixed up really nice, along with some picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees. The pond was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.

As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. When he came closer, he realized it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond. He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end to shield themselves.

One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"

The old man frowned and replied, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked." Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the alligator."

BAN semi-automatic gators!!

The American Alligator is extremely protective of it's nest and will go through great lengths to protect it. On top of that, they are top predators in their realm and always looking for an easy meal. They are a bit shy when it comes to humans, so these things only happen when their space is invaded.
Or if they are hungry.
Or are feeling extroverted that day.
And by the way, they consider everything, wet or dry, their space.

Last Edited:
Alligators don't have feelings, they rely 100% on instinct.
They sort of do, and sort of don't. They do have feelings of fear, pleasure (to a small extent, mostly a food so more instinct really), that sort of thing. But their capacity to feel anything is limited.

So... An alligator won't love (hell they'd even eat their young once they no longer care), but it will fear. They eventually recognize people who feed it, but that shouldn't be mistaken for love as much as it is just them going "this thing gives me food, I won't eat it unless it doesn't have food."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top