JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have shot both Gen3 and Gen4 Glock 22's. I never tries them side by side, however I did enjoy shooting the Gen4 more and was more accurate with it.

I think the interchangeable back straps have a lot to do with it, you can personalize the feel of your gun for you. If its more comfortable to you or fits you better recoil is going to be perceived differently which may manifest itself as less flat recoil.

I have owned 3rd & 4th Gen versions of the 23. I definitely notice a difference. My preference is the Gen 4 with medium beavertail back strap on. I have also shot 3rd & 4th Gen versions of the 19 and 17. A difference isn't as notable in the 9mm pistols, but I still prefer the Gen 4, and carry my Glock 19 (Gen 4) every day. That pistol has nearly zero muzzle rise.

I prefer the feel of the gen 4 too, but I do think it's more to do with grip texture and interchangable backstraps than spring setup.....

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top