Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

G4 vs G3 felt recoil

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by pinne65, Aug 28, 2013.

1. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I'm contemplating two Glock purchases: 23 & 29. And am interested to know if anyone has tested a number of G3 vs G4s and noticed a significant difference in the recoil felt.

2. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I have shot both Gen3 and Gen4 Glock 22's. I never tries them side by side, however I did enjoy shooting the Gen4 more and was more accurate with it.

I think the interchangeable back straps have a lot to do with it, you can personalize the feel of your gun for you. If its more comfortable to you or fits you better recoil is going to be perceived differently which may manifest itself as less flat recoil.

3. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I've shot a Gen4 and Gen3 G23. The Gen4 was not as snappy when compared to the Gen3.

4. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

I have owned 3rd & 4th Gen versions of the 23. I definitely notice a difference. My preference is the Gen 4 with medium beavertail back strap on. I have also shot 3rd & 4th Gen versions of the 19 and 17. A difference isn't as notable in the 9mm pistols, but I still prefer the Gen 4, and carry my Glock 19 (Gen 4) every day. That pistol has nearly zero muzzle rise.

5. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Sweet - thanks for the input. I was already leaning G4. Just need to do some testing on my own now.

6. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

I prefer the feel of the gen 4 too, but I do think it's more to do with grip texture and interchangable backstraps than spring setup.....

7. Screwy

Screwy Suburban Clackamas County Active Member

A steel spring in the G3 is supposed to help muzzle balance. Some prefer a G3 all around. I can't tell any difference in my G2 v. G3. Shoot some .45 then .357. Your Glock recoil will disappear.