JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
'Braveheart' of WW2. Makes the Germans look like a bunch of total cretins, instead of the battle-hardened veterans of six years of hard-fought warfare.

Fun, but not reality - much like a lot of Hollywood.

tac

I saw American Sniper a few days ago, and just saw Fury on Direct TV. After hearing all the libs whining about how Iraqis were depicted, and the way the left thought Chris Kyle was a demonic killer, I can't help wonder why no comments were made about Brad Pitt's character, or how the Germans were made to look.

Guess the hollywood elites stick together no matter what.

'Braveheart' of WW2. Makes the Germans look like a bunch of total cretins, instead of the battle-hardened veterans of six years of hard-fought warfare.

Fun, but not reality - much like a lot of Hollywood.

tac

Ya my father in law was in that war and part of the landing of D day. Told me of the German prisoners that were brought on board ship to be taken to a prison camp. As they filed on ship there were anti aircraft guns going off on the other side and the Germans panicked thinking they were going to be murdered like they had murdered so many others. Veterans of a murder campaign.

its a good movie. it made me happy when Trump hating shia lebouf got blown up in the movie.

LMAO! The Second World War is the historical period I've studied the most extensively over the years. As such I have seen any movie I could set in the period (good or bad, historically accurate or suspect) over the decades. However, I refused to watch this one because I simply cannot stand Shia Labeouf's performances. But blown up? I need to add this one to the watch list. :D

Last Edited:
So yer sayin' ol' Long Shanks wasn't really an evil, lying, murderin', greedy, inbred POS cretin? o_O

Nononononono. THAT bit was quite well done, although I'd argue about the 'cretin' title. Edward was VERY clever, especially in his dealings with the Welsh.

It's just that there are way too many historical anomalies in the movie regarding the portrayal of William Wallace and those around him, not least of which was his hinted at French squeeze - again, about thirty years out of kilter. His native was probably not a 'Wild Wullie' faux Scottish accent worthy of the infamous Dick Van Dyke Elocution Award.

The kilt was also wrong - by a mere four hundred years...

Apart from those ahems, the music was truly great, reflecting the enormous part played by the Irish Permanent Defence Force in the making of the movie, the use of the Irish pipes, and lastly, the landscape of Ireland, rather than that of Scotland.

tac

You're aware that it is a movie based on WWII, and not a documentary based on established facts.

It could have been about some guys stuck in a armored car after dark in downtown San Francisco ( Furwy?);)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top