JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't stand this guy - couldn't finish the video either - but I did notice that he got a bunch of you talking. Everyone seems to know his name. Remember the 1st rule of public performance - if you can't be any good, at least be really loud.

I have to say, I'm not very familiar with him.
Can anyone tell me about his background? Prior military? law enforcement?

As far as the Mosin Nagant being a "sniper rifle" talk, sure it WAS a great sniper rifle, as countless Soviet snipers (and dead Germans!) can attest. Yes, it is an accurate rifle, when shooting quality ammo and in the hands of a skilled shooter.....but saying it's a legitimate 21st Century sniper weapon is like saying the Colt Single Action Army is the choice of professionals, because that's what Wild Bill Hickock and Wyatt Earp used.

A true professional sniper, working for a military or police organization, will use the best tool he can get his hands on, and a M-N 91/30 with PU scope ain't it!

Last Edited:
I don't agree with some of his beliefs, but he makes some pretty entertaining videos. A lot better than a certain local youtuber attempts at entertainment,,,:s0131:

Okay, I googled him and found his biography. Over the top personality with somewhat bonafide background, it looks like....

<broken link removed>

I have known more than one professional instructor who was better at spouting bullsh1t than actually teaching or working as an armed gunslinger.

Last Edited:
I think Yeager is RIGHT about most of what he says. I do find that nearly everyone on message boards seems to hate him though. It is a scarce comment indeed that has anything nice to say about him.

Then again, anyone who is as opinionated as Yeager is going to be hated. It's easy to hate someone who talks like he does when you don't know him in real life.

I think he is wrong about some things too. Overall, I think he is a patriot and if you met him (and didn't personally know him), you would agree with 90% of what he says about politics, the govt. and guns in general.

Yeager has as much knowledge as he has opinions. That said he is funny especially when you compile a video like that. As for his language Im not sure how much time you guys spend around grunts in the field but cursing is fairly natural in that environment.

A true professional sniper, working for a military or police organization, will use the best tool he can get his hands on, and a M-N 91/30 with PU scope ain't it!

A "true professional sniper"? What or who is that? I thought perhaps Simo Hayha was a professional true sniper. But then I saw he scored his 500+ kills using only a Mosin with iron sights. People called him "White Death", should have been "White Poser". Then I thought Francis Pegahmagabow was a "true professional sniper". No again, he used a Ross rifle to score 350+ enemy soldiers. What a loser! :rolleyes:

I got it! Timothy Murphy! Crap, no again he used only a black powder rifle, that certainly will not do.

Oh wait, this has got to fit the bill of a professional true sniper using the best equipment possible. Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hatchcock. He will use only the best to bring death to the battlefield. Oh wait his longest shot was with a Browning .50 cal machine gun. No self respecting true sniper would use such an unsuitable weapon system to make such a shot.

Maybe the first true sniper was a woman. Lyudmila Pavlichenko, darnit! No she used an SVT-40 and a Mosin.

Are there any true snipers out there!!! o_O

Thank the creator we have James Yeager to tell us what a real sniper rifle is. Now we can finally after all these years start fielding real professional snipers, not these bloody posers who wished they could bring it when it counted. :rolleyes:

Those men, who I will agree are remarkable, simply did not have to shoot as far, as accurately.

Small arms engagement is constantly moving further and further. The rifle our lowest tear grunts carry now is more accurate than "sniper rifles" of the past. This means modern "sniper rifles" also need to extend their range. The mosin, while impressive in its day and age, can not keep up with modern technology.

As such, it is no longer an advantage over general small arms, which means it can never perform as a "sniper rifle" in today's world. Even though it was used quite effectively in the PAST.

I didn't know Buck Angel made tactical vids lol. You forgot the part where he said he was gonna start killing people Hahahaha. The guy is not a total loss, I've learned a few things off of him. As a Glock owner and fan, I get sick of him always talking about the G19 and surefire flashlights..... ugh lame.

Selling you recycled garbage since 1982 2ngx1yr.jpg

24q0lk1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A "true professional sniper"? What or who is that? I thought perhaps Simo Hayha was a professional true sniper. But then I saw he scored his 500+ kills using only a Mosin with iron sights. People called him "White Death", should have been "White Poser". Then I thought Francis Pegahmagabow was a "true professional sniper". No again, he used a Ross rifle to score 350+ enemy soldiers. What a loser! :rolleyes:

I got it! Timothy Murphy! Crap, no again he used only a black powder rifle, that certainly will not do.

Oh wait, this has got to fit the bill of a professional true sniper using the best equipment possible. Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hatchcock. He will use only the best to bring death to the battlefield. Oh wait his longest shot was with a Browning .50 cal machine gun. No self respecting true sniper would use such an unsuitable weapon system to make such a shot.

Maybe the first true sniper was a woman. Lyudmila Pavlichenko, darnit! No she used an SVT-40 and a Mosin.

Are there any true snipers out there!!! o_O

Thank the creator we have James Yeager to tell us what a real sniper rifle is. Now we can finally after all these years start fielding real professional snipers, not these bloody posers who wished they could bring it when it counted. :rolleyes:
I think you missed the point. When Pavlichenko, Haya, Zaitsev, etc. fought in WWII, the Mosin-Nagant WAS the best tool available to them, and they used it well.
Same with Carlos Hathcock (whose son I competed against in Marine Corps rifle matches in the 1980's) with his Winchester Model 70 and Browning M2.

If you want to know what a "true professional sniper" is, enlist in the Army or Marine Corps, or pursue a job in law enforcement and apply for a SWAT/SERT team, or do a little research on your own, instead of belittling those who've served and know a little of what it's like to have to go out and earn the qualification, versus some fanboy who plays Call of Duty or bought a 60 year surplus rifle, attached a scope, and has fantasies about being a war hero.

A
I think you missed the point. When Pavlichenko, Haya, Zaitsev, etc. fought in WWII, the Mosin-Nagant WAS the best tool available to them, and they used it well.
Same with Carlos Hathcock (whose son I competed against in Marine Corps rifle matches in the 1980's) with his Winchester Model 70 and Browning M2.

If you want to know what a "true professional sniper" is, enlist in the Army or Marine Corps, or pursue a job in law enforcement and apply for a SWAT/SERT team, or do a little research on your own, instead of belittling those who've served and know a little of what it's like to have to go out and earn the qualification, versus some fanboy who plays Call of Duty or bought a 60 year surplus rifle, attached a scope, and has fantasies about being a war hero.

Ah, now you roll onto personal attacks. That only indicates the inability to refute fact. I am through with this topic. Enjoy what you want to believe. Let's just agree to disagree.

I was going to take a class from him but not now after reading all of your expert opinions. You have convinced me that he doesnt know anything and I would be wasting my time with him. You have convinced me that any one of you could do a much better job than him. Please send me a link to your class schedule so I can start taking classes from you. Thank you for letting me know whats up so I didnt waste my valuable time and money on a guy who obviously has nothing to offer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top