JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They should create a federal CPL that would be good in all states that allow the people to carry. The guidelines for passing would most likely be more of a pain in the axz but you could then be free to carry around the U.S. It will mean less paperwork for us, the states, and a nice flow of cash to the federal government, and NRA certified instructors.

(note, I dont think people should have to do anything to be able to carry a firearm on their person, however with the current state of things our right to self protection and self-determination are infringed upon and it would be nice to not have to worry everytime you drive to another state. ------ I know it'll never happen but hey why not dream a little)

It's actually quite simple.

If I am NOT prohibited from owning a firearm then I should NOT be prohibited from carrying a firearm.

I agree completely but that isn't likely going to happen in my lifetime, it seemed like a good idea to make it better For state to state travel. (think truckers) I dont like having to go to classes, fill out paper work, go to the sheriffs office, get fingerprinted, and pay different states just to carry my defensive weapon.

RE: "... it seemed like a good idea to make it better For state to state travel. ..."

That theory seems good, but once you allow (NY's Schumer et al , and CA's Boxer & Feinstein, etc.) into the process of drafting and voting on such legislation, it falls apart.

Rather than elevating everyone else's 2A freedoms to a level consistent with Arizona, Wyoming or even Idaho, you'll just get it dumbed down to the oppression of NY, CA, CT and NJ. :(

While we all would like to see legal carry in all states, if the Feds gain control, we are in trouble. They might allow it to pass to gain control, then the next year, they will require a psychiatric exam to renew your concealed carry license. And declare you are a risk because you own more than one firearm and therefore must be nuts.
Can you imagine what would have happened if Eric Holder had control over the requirements to be 'granted' a concealed handgun carry permit???? Scary, very scary.

Sometimes I forget the liberals have power and are after us. I woke up thinking that this was still united states when I posted the thread. Its a bad idea, I forgot reasonable compromises are taken as an excuse to keep pushing the line instead of just leaving it somewhere in the middle. Lol

I agree compleatly, but........Sawdust, it just so looks like your dog would be up for any amount of shorts sniffing!:eek:

41875411a628c7ea0ccac0a27ba9338b_view.jpg

They should create a federal CPL that would be good in all states that allow the people to carry. The guidelines for passing would most likely be more of a pain in the axz but you could then be free to carry around the U.S. It will mean less paperwork for us, the states, and a nice flow of cash to the federal government, and NRA certified instructors.

(note, I dont think people should have to do anything to be able to carry a firearm on their person, however with the current state of things our right to self protection and self-determination are infringed upon and it would be nice to not have to worry everytime you drive to another state. ------ I know it'll never happen but hey why not dream a little)

My vote is to keep the feds out of CC license/permits as much as possible.
The only states that would recognize it would be the states that accept the Florida,Arizona or Utah permits anyway.
Any other way would be very restrictive to everyone but active LEO or military Most of the states that would have to change ain't worth going to anyway

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top