JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if one can transfer a rifle in WA with a temporary WA driver license. I recently moved and went to our local DMV to update my new address on my WA driver license and my car registration. I requested a new driver license with my updated address. They took my old valid driver license and gave me a piece of paper until my new license is mailed to me (within 30 days). I am interested in one of the rifles listed here on the forum, but I am concerned if I could even buy/transfer a rifle with this temporary driver license.

Since I have WA Concealed Pistol License, am I supposed to update my address on it? This license will expire in 10 months, so I will have to renew it soon anyway.

Cheers,

Dan

Good luck with this. The problem is one has to go there in person, but their offices are closed and no one knows when they will reopen. I called Seattle PD and that is the answer they gave me. I did some research and it seems that one does not have to report the address change and can just enter the new address upon the license renewal, which in my case is at the end of this year.

The piece of paper should be perfectly fine. It's the printed one that shows your face and the right information right? I would also log into the DOL site and print of the page that shows it's already updated with the state. Make sure it has the orange border and is in color. I had to do that part when I moved. But I didn't have the paper license, just the one with my old address on it.

Is it a semi automatic rifle or manually operated?
Do you have a passport, military ID, or anything else? https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/what-form-identification-must-licensee-obtain-transferee-firearm
It is a bolt action hunting Mauser rifle in .270 Win. I am not an US citizen, but I am a permanent resident, so I can legally own firearms. Background check takes longer because in addition to FBI background check, they also have to confirm my immigration status. Last firearm that I purchased was last September and it took 10 days for my background check to clear. My Brazilian friend waited 3 weeks for her background check to clear.

I just moved to Washington from California. I have my Temporary Washington Drivers License ( NO PHOTO) but i have my California Drivers License {Has Photo) which they punched a hole in. Will I still be able to purchase or do I need to wait to get my Washington DL in the mail?

I just moved to Washington from California. I have my Temporary Washington Drivers License ( NO PHOTO) but i have my California Drivers License {Has Photo) which they punched a hole in. Will I still be able to purchase or do I need to wait to get my Washington DL in the mail?
I think the best is to wait to get the actual license. Mine arrived in the mail in a week.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top