JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I recently bought a nice old Colt at a pawn shop in Clark County. I gave them my DL and my CPL like I have many times before, but I know that having a CPL doesn't mean you can just take the handgun home with you same day anymore. So my question is, besides being able to carry a concealed weapon, does your CPL have any bearing on speed of background check or any other benefits? I'm just curious.

Thanks

Nope
Right after F-1639 took hold, I waited 30+ days for my Sig 365 from Sporting Systems
The G-19 I bought a couple weeks later took 12 days
Nowadays it seems to run about 8 days to clear the background check:s0092:

It depends on the LEA running the BGC. Our Sheriff's office has been stamping them out in less than 5 days from the start. But they said they weren't going to enforce it, so I think they are just going through the motions.

It depends on the LEA running the BGC. Our Sheriff's office has been stamping them out in less than 5 days from the start. But they said they weren't going to enforce it, so I think they are just going through the motions.
Exactly what it should be and the FFL can allow you to get it after 3-5 business days but most FFL are making people wait for 10 or more. My response is go to a different one if you can.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I bought a revolver in May, and the FFL made me wait the whole 10 days, but released it to me afterwards. I'm hoping it will be the same this time too, but I am also hoping the pawn shop gets a reply back before then, but I'm betting that's wishful thinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top