JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got done doing a full polish job on my custom build Fusion-Caspian 1911. I'm new to polishing and this is only my 4th try at it, other items I've done were a few small parts and a 1911 slide (just the sides) so needless to say this was a much bigger job that I was thinking it was going to be but glad I did it vs. having it coated.

20160706_190903_resized_zpsrgnoxtxy.jpg 20160706_190726_resized_zpsmjihs61v.jpg

haven't done any Firearms yet, But I have done some very hard to do parts for my hot rod projects! If any of the "cheats" I learned can help I will be happy to share! I use basically just a die grinder and sand paper with a buffing wheel and polish for the final shine!

Just got done doing a full polish job on my custom build Fusion-Caspian 1911. I'm new to polishing and this is only my 4th try at it, other items I've done were a few small parts and a 1911 slide (just the sides) so needless to say this was a much bigger job that I was thinking it was going to be but glad I did it vs. having it coated.
Wow, that looks great! High polish like that is for display only, cause I wouldn't want to scratch it. Good job!

Very Nice Work!!!
I did a S&W Mod 66 -4'' some time back in the mid 1970s, Never that nice outside but different given the times.
Then everything that slid or made contact inside was stoned to a mirror finish using hard flat rouge stones.
What a difference that made on the trigger and it was only eleven hours start to finish. Like braking glass when it tripped double action and like sliding on ice till it got there.
Single action was like nothing I have shot since.

Silver Hand

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top