JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had to adjust my little shiny hat and ponder this. BHO clearly intends to marginalize State and local LE and attempt to create Federal LE in their place.....oh what power then! Unfortunately, in Oregon we have Kate Brown. I oppose militarization of local LE but some of the equipment we have garnered is very useful. I think the ability for local (State included) LE to be able to rise to the appropriate level of force climbing the continuum of force in today's environment is increasingly necessary. We continue to need conversation between LE and members of the community. A return to the basic concepts of "Community Policing" would be good. Training Training Training. Remember Garland,TX! What bothers me the most is the fact that so many Federal bureaucratic agencies now have SWAT teams. When SHTF folks, no help is coming. Take no prisoners.

FortRock out.

This is the 1033 gear - just some of that gear.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/30680495/...us-items-to-be-seized-from-police-departments

I think that mostly this is a great idea.

"Under orders from President Barack Obama, the federal government is seizing some military surplus equipment from police departments across the country."

http://www.copblock.org/148851/barr...nts-of-military-surplus-weapons-and-vehicles/

As you would expect, LEO's have a problem with this.

http://www.policeone.com/patrol-iss...bout-Obamas-evisceration-of-the-1033-Program/

But I just don't get why Beaverton needs an M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank to serve warrants on Dead Beat Dads.

"Items to be confiscated from law enforcement all over the country include armored vehicles, weaponized aircraft and vehicles, 50-caliber firearms and ammunition, bayonets, camouflage uniforms and grenade launchers."

There was a 30 day and then 120 comment / recommendation period

ref:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/executive-orders
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/DCPD-201500033/pdf/DCPD-201500033.pdf
<broken link removed>

As a complete aside, check out the new stations call sign !

As a second aside, you'll recognize this congress critter from the Guns & Girls thread:
"One Nevada Assemblywoman, Michele Fiore, even suggests all Americans should arm themselves to protect their local towns from terrorism."

My opinion is, if law enforcement can have it, so should civilians. Seriously, when was the last full auto shootout?

I think there would be less overly eager trigger happy leos IF they had to personally pay for damages, their poor judgement calls, Etc. Unions shouldnt be able to pay their court fees while they rest on oaid leave while us civilians have to go bankrupt to prove our innocence and lose our job, business, family or house in the process.

They should be just as liable as civilians.
I think from that stand point, they should be able to use certain weapons, tactics and vehicles.

The police are too militarized.

They have become a group that has went from proactive to reactive. Being proactive does not require the force that being reactive does to resolve the policing in this nation.

The image of LEO's also as been degraded and smeared by a small percentage of officers, by the UNIONS representing these officers, the blue veil of silence and a militaristic attitude.

@ZA_Survivalist you are spot on, if the policing force is allowed to have it then the citizens should be allowed as well to combat an overreaching and intrusive government agency. I don't call for anarchy or slaughter of LEO's but it's by the people for the people. Not by the police for the police. Their guns aren't for your protection.

From Article 1 Section 8
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Law enforcement by the militia ... the Founding Fathers already solved this issue. Didn't they?

Last Edited:
From Article Section 8
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Law enforcement by the militia ... the founding father already solved this issue. Didn't they?
Exactly!
We shifted from small town ideology where everyone rolled up their sleeves, looked out for one another and policed their own town.

Now its all politics, unions, and revenue.
Departments should NOT be about that.
Its so perverted I doubt it'll ever get better.

I'd be even happier if they were completely disarmed, like the old London Bobbies, and only the rest of us could carry. ;)

I know why Obama wants to disarm police.
I keep an eye on that rat! And can see right through him.
He thinks disarming police would make it easy for the Feds to come in and shut down a local sheriff and put in there own people.

Not all aspects of having a gunned up local police dept. are bad. Many have our backs.
Just look at the Sherriff down in coos county who refused to enforce the new gun registration law?
And other Sheriffs who vow not to enforce other gun laws.
They could easily be swept aside. And replaced with some federal lap dog.

Large City Departments having all this gear is not something I like. But disarming our local police could be our downfall? Think of all the small rural conservative departments.
After all. They have a vested interest in preserving local ''Life as we know it''. There families would suffer under any Federal overreach just as we would.
And there is the hope that many Cops would refuse to follow federal orders that would hurt there own families and the people in there communities. Or violate there conservative views?

Those rural, small town departments would be a real thorn in his side!

I think Obama knows and fears this. So he's moving to pull there teeth!
And with all the negative actions of some departments and officers. He's got many short sighted folks doing his bidding.

In any case. Weaker local police. Equals a stronger federal police force.
Something to consider.

You have took at the big picture.
Since when dose Obama take away power from something he can use to shape his view of America? ;)

And are any federal Police departments being asked to give up there guns and other special weapons?

Last Edited:
I'd be even happier if they were completely disarmed, like the old London Bobbies, and only the rest of us could carry. ;)
If such was the case, I would be ready and willing as a citizen to back up a police officer who may be taking a beat down from a violent offender.

Going off on a slight tangent, I'll say that any cop who enforces the prohibition of private consensual activity (IE drug use, sexual activity, gambling etc.) OF LEGAL ADULTS, particularly those who are not robbing, raping, assaulting, murdering, or kidnapping anyone, is not only sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, but is betraying the Constitution as well, and deserves whatever ill that may fall upon him.

They should be focused on bigger fish such as actual VIOLENT OFFENDERS rather than idiots who simply choose to fry their own brains with drugs, or freaky people doing freaky things with their own (adult) bodies.

I would gladly aid an officer in taking down a wife beater, or bank robber, kidnapper, rapist etc. But leave the dope heads alone unless they have committed an ACTUAL CRIME OF VIOLENCE OR NEGLIGENCE. I would certainly give more trust and support to an LE community that operated more in this manner.

They probably wouldn't need to be heavily armed because (I think) the community at large would be behind them all the way and looking out for their backs rather than looking upon them with the sentiment of contempt and mistrust that I see prevailing today.

But of course we all know (or at least should know) that the unconstitutional war on drugs is the bread and butter of the LE/Judicial/Corrections INDUSTRY (should justice be allowed to be "an industry" for profit?), along with other consensual activities (but the drug war is certainly the major money maker for them). Why would they ever want to give up that sweet tax payer gravy train upon which they all ride.

It is the very thing that led to all the heavy armament and the delusional notions of urban and street "warfare" that are spawned (I believe) from watching too many Hollywood movies that are packed with unrealistic images of tough guy cops who rack up body counts by the minute with absolutely no accountability.

Yes, I know, it's only entertainment right? But I think that, subconsciously, too many of these twenty two year olds who become cops (just as with naive kids entering the military-I was one) actually foster these images in the back of their minds and insecure egos.

Sorry, once again, for the "novel". In closing, I'll just say that it seems that we are constantly too fixated upon treating symptoms rather than diagnosing and eliminating causes.

A war is coming, The feds dont what that equipment out in state or public hands because it might be used against them. Time to gather it up

(I am only half joking, I wouldn't be surprised a bit if there was some truth in that)

No way in heck should the local police or sheriffs department should be militarized, I'm totally against that.

However, I am for them having every last piece of equipment they need to effectively do their jobs.

Perhaps, they should retain this battlefield hardware, as there's no doubt the day will come they'll need to stand up to the Feds to protect the citizenry they've sworn to protect and serve...

To think that's not a distinct possibility is to be naive...

Taking grenade launchers from the departments is foolish and a mistake.
Those are used to propel CS into barricaded buildings, deploying smoke for cover, and anti-riot agents such as hornets nests, not H.E. or White Phosphorus.

Good grief, if he can't disarm the people like the president says he wants, then he can at least diminish the effectiveness of the police, at a time when criminals are becoming better armed and violent.

Kind of like when a dog can't get at a rabbit, he digs a hole. The psychologists call it displacement behavior. Just pandering to the base who wants everyone to be defenseless. Another disappointing bad idea from the white house.

No way in heck should the local police or sheriffs department should be militarized, in totally against that.

However, I am for them having every last piece of equipment they need to effectively do their jobs.

Perhaps, they should retain this battlefield hardware, as there's no doubt the day will come they'll need to stand up to the Feds to protect the citizenry they've sworn to protect and serve...

To think that's not a distinct possibility is to be naive...
Taking grenade launchers from the departments is foolish and a mistake.
Those are used to propel CS into barricaded buildings, deploying smoke for cover, and anti-riot agents such as hornets nests, not H.E. or White Phosphorus.

Good grief, if he can't disarm the people like the president says he wants, then he can at least diminish the effectiveness of the police, at a time when criminals are becoming better armed and violent.

Kind of like when a dog can't get at a rabbit, he digs a hole. The psychologists call it displacement behavior. Just pandering to the base who wants everyone to be defenseless. Another disappointing bad idea from the white house.
has there been any good ideas in the past nearly seven years???

In theory it sounded like a good program: instead of scrapping or allowing surplus gear to waste, give it to someone who could use it to save money.

Unfortunately, like many good intentions, it didn't end up that way.

Keep in mind this was all the stuff that was used against the terrorists in SB only a few weeks ago. This is the way it is intended to be deployed. Funny, didn't hear anyone complaining about this use.

If such was the case, I would be ready and willing as a citizen to back up a police officer who may be taking a beat down from a violent offender.

Going off on a slight tangent, I'll say that any cop who enforces the prohibition of private consensual activity (IE drug use, sexual activity, gambling etc.) OF LEGAL ADULTS, particularly those who are not robbing, raping, assaulting, murdering, or kidnapping anyone, is not only sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, but is betraying the Constitution as well, and deserves whatever ill that may fall upon him.

They should be focused on bigger fish such as actual VIOLENT OFFENDERS rather than idiots who simply choose to fry their own brains with drugs, or freaky people doing freaky things with their own (adult) bodies.

I would gladly aid an officer in taking down a wife beater, or bank robber, kidnapper, rapist etc. But leave the dope heads alone unless they have committed an ACTUAL CRIME OF VIOLENCE OR NEGLIGENCE. I would certainly give more trust and support to an LE community that operated more in this manner.

They probably wouldn't need to be heavily armed because (I think) the community at large would be behind them all the way and looking out for their backs rather than looking upon them with the sentiment of contempt and mistrust that I see prevailing today.

But of course we all know (or at least should know) that the unconstitutional war on drugs is the bread and butter of the LE/Judicial/Corrections INDUSTRY (should justice be allowed to be "an industry" for profit?), along with other consensual activities (but the drug war is certainly the major money maker for them). Why would they ever want to give up that sweet tax payer gravy train upon which they all ride.

It is the very thing that led to all the heavy armament and the delusional notions of urban and street "warfare" that are spawned (I believe) from watching too many Hollywood movies that are packed with unrealistic images of tough guy cops who rack up body counts by the minute with absolutely no accountability.

Yes, I know, it's only entertainment right? But I think that, subconsciously, too many of these twenty two year olds who become cops (just as with naive kids entering the military-I was one) actually foster these images in the back of their minds and insecure egos.

Sorry, once again, for the "novel". In closing, I'll just say that it seems that we are constantly too fixated upon treating symptoms rather than diagnosing and eliminating causes.

Thank you for posting your true feelings. I haven't added anyone to my ignore list of bias, cop-hating thugs in a while...

A war is coming, The feds dont what that equipment out in state or public hands because it might be used against them. Time to gather it up

(I am only half joking, I wouldn't be surprised a bit if there was some truth in that)

Are you saying they learned from leaving all that USA equipment to ISIS to be used against our own Military. I am sure that is just luck no learning goes on the left.:p:p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top