JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see your thoughts. But I have never known the idiot to do something right. Ever. So I see this as suspect.
I agree OH5. I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this guy doing the right thing for the right reasons.
It is so far out of character from everything he's done up to this point, I can't help but look for an ulterior motive.

Many agencies have these vehicles...and you will never see them or see them used. That is because they have a very specific purpose as a rescue vehicle for removing injured officers and the public in an active shooter situation. They are also used as shields when evacuating people from dangerous areas. Yes, a few are used by tactical teams.

I find it strange that some people have an issue with locally controlled agencies having vehicles like this but have no problem when federally controlled folks show up with them on our streets. Seems backward to me.

Many agencies have these vehicles...and you will never see them or see them used. That is because they have a very specific purpose as a rescue vehicle for removing injured officers and the public in an active shooter situation. They are also used as shields when evacuating people from dangerous areas. Yes, a few are used by tactical teams.

I find it strange that some people have an issue with locally controlled agencies having vehicles like this but have no problem when federally controlled folks show up with them on our streets. Seems backward to me.
I agree half-heartedly. I trust my local LEO and wouldn't worry about it. But, around here any of this equipment would probably get most use at fairs and rodeos for the kids to look at. If I lived in a city I would not like them to have it.

Yeah the 'remove injured officers' line sounds good.I don't believe that's why they want then though.I think the like them for intimidation.But that's me.
Now as for your last paragraph,local cops should just stick with being cops,not militarized entities.
'The feds' should be the Nat Guard anyway and if they need the rigs for terrorist attacks then fine.If the bring them in for large riots fine.
If they bring them in for demonstrations? Ten that's too much also.
But it's how they use them.
Do they think it necessary to make the LEO inside look all tacticool?
Cause that doesn't work well with making the locals confident that their local cops have their best interest in mind

I completely agree that local police should look (and act) like local police. Unfortunately we live in a world where they may have to act against well-armed evil people. There are thousands of these vehicles owned by agencies around the country. About the only time they are used is at friendly community events so little kids can get stickers and look at all the cool cop stuff. Just about the only time you actually see them is during a city burning and then the all the media screams that they want them out...and to bring in the National Guard with their big vehicles. Sorry, I would rather have my local police force there.

Many agencies are actually finding ways to look "softer". Unfortunately the load bearing, exterior vests are not working so well for this.

Here is the sad state this is creating. I know someone very high up in a fairly large city. His city received one of these vehicles for the express purpose of removing injured citizens and officers for hostile situations. Once Ferguson hit, they completely stopped use of the vehicle. So because of "public perception" somebody's wife or child may now die. That is sad.

Good...if true this is the one thing he has done I approve of since he took office. I am sick of people ignoring the threat of militarized private armies roaming our streets disguised as law enforcement. When the government decides to crack down on the people the patriotic soldiers who defend the American people daily in our military will not be the threat. It will be these private armies of police officers that already see the public as the enemy and are more than willing to treat them as such.

Except for the fact that this gear is probably being taken from the hands of Sheriffs that have opposed unconstitutional laws, and placed in the hands of Federal LEOs (FPS, DHS, ect.) who have no issue following orders blindly.

Except for the fact that this gear is probably being taken from the hands of Sheriffs that have opposed unconstitutional laws, and placed in the hands of Federal LEOs (FPS, DHS, ect.) who have no issue following orders blindly.
And there's that
Remember the national guard unit that comes to your neighborhood is your local patriots

Good...if true this is the one thing he has done I approve of since he took office. I am sick of people ignoring the threat of militarized private armies roaming our streets disguised as law enforcement. When the government decides to crack down on the people the patriotic soldiers who defend the American people daily in our military will not be the threat. It will be these private armies of police officers that already see the public as the enemy and are more than willing to treat them as such.

Yeah, sounds good...your righteous dander up, all that disdain flowing...until the time you or yours has to call 911. So please save your pompous b.s. and be thankful they show up. Maybe in an apc.

Yeah, sounds good...your righteous dander up, all that disdain flowing...until the time you or yours has to call 911. So please save your pompous b.s. and be thankful they show up. Maybe in an apc.
They'll be there for the same reason they always come.To find out what happened,not to save anyone
Oh and their buddies will be there to retrieve the body.
all that disdain flowing
Who's the ones who gave us the disdain? Who brings that feeling on?
"We' didn't start it

Disarm the public, disarm the local police. Only the Federal government shall be armed. I am surprised that even those who do not support local LEO don't see what Obama's long range plan is.

This is what commies do they create a problem (militarization of police) then later on when that policy fails the act like they are doing the people a favor and fixing the very thing they created. (Getting rid of military equipment from Police dept). This goes on everyday in the tyrannical left.

Makes me wonder why obozo would choose to take armored vehicles now??? is it getting ready for Isis and wants isis to have the upper hand. I just do not trust obozo.

He needs armored vehicles for the alphabet agencies. This was a way to launder the ownership through local jurisdictions....then take them back into federal ownership. Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch and the feds giveth and the feds taketh away....
Do our police really need to look like they are going on patrol in the Sandbox complete with camo? Regular officers look like SWAT used to and SWAT now look like Delta or SEALS. Not necessary in most jurisdictions.

Brutus Out

I don't see the need for machine guns, SASRs(50s), or cammies in the hands of local smokies. Armored vehicles however, can provide quite the advantage in a riot or prolonged stand off. They aren't armed or are only armed with smoke/cs launchers. No reason Portland PD should be running around in knock off MARPAT with automatic weapons though.

I trust police more than blacklivesmatter and the anarchist protesters destroying and changing this country and now dictating how police work and who runs universities.

This is a down with america dark group.
Soon the table of race and minority will be flipped upside down.

I trust police more than blacklivesmatter and the anarchist protesters destroying and changing this country and now dictating how police work and who runs universities.

This is a down with America dark group.
Soon the table of race and minority will be flipped upside down.
Only to get some control. Otherwise all hell will break loose before whites actually are treated like a minority

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top