JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have opinions on this stuff? I guess I'm really interested in knowing about their solvent, but opinions on any of their products would be helpful.

I am no environmentalist by any stretch, and I guess it's my natural skepticism that anything that's not strong enough to hurt you can't be any good :)

I may be opening up a can of worms like "Hoppe's #9 cuz its what my Dad used" and I have heard from some old-time hunters that "WD40 is all they use"....

*BUT* ... whaddya Think??

Only stuff I use on my AR and Glock platforms. I love it. Smells and tastes great.

A188102D-AF8E-4FDD-B60D-0A40E0DFBD7E.jpeg

I use CLP on the fast-moving parts and AeroShell Grease #6 on the sear and controls. I got a sample tube of FrogLube at a gun show and it seemed to compare well to CLP. I'd be happy with either one, but I won't be through the half gallon of BreakFree CLP anytime soon.

I use Eezox on anything that's going to be sitting long because it resists corrosion really well.

I had frog lube gum up my 1911 rails. I only use it for suppressor lube now to reduce cleanup effort. I mainly use ballistol for general cleaning and lube, and for FP10 for cold weather shotgun action.

It's a great preserver. Coats well and stays on for longer periods. Doesn't seem to run off if the gun is vertical for long periods of time, like others do. 10x better smelling.

I don't recommend it for lubricant though. It has very low viscosity and cakes up easily compared to other lubricants.

Long story short, it's great to coat something with it if you aren't going to shoot it for a bit. Protects well. Stays put. If you use your gun a lot, use a better lubricant.

The liquid gums up pretty bad after a couple months. I don't remember the paste gumming up but it's already paste. I've been using M-Pro 7 stuff lately and seems to work well without gumming up or stinking up the whole house. But it's not a CLP.

I have no personal experience using it. I have posted this here before; my old department banned its use on all department and carry guns. They were finding that it mixed with residue from other solvents and turned to sludge. It was causing major issues. From personal knowledge, I was in a defensive shotgun class last year. The two guys next to me were shooting Mossberg pumps...pretty bulletproof. They started having issues on second day and by the third day both guns were unshootable. They were raving about the Froglube they were using. I mentioned the issues I had heard about, and they assured me they cleaned out all the old solvent residue (this is pretty hard to guarantee).

Thats interesting on those mossys.

In my former life I was responsible for armorer duties for 24-30 AR-15s and 6 commando length m16s. Lowest round count annually was 1000. Many saw up to 3500 probably.

We used frog lube paste for lube for at least 5 years before I left and never had a problem.

You have to work the paste into the metal.

We found the lube was fine but the real benefit was cleaning. Much much much easier to clean bolt tails with frog lube impregnation.

Thats interesting on those mossys.

In my former life I was responsible for armorer duties for 24-30 AR-15s and 6 commando length m16s. Lowest round count annually was 1000. Many saw up to 3500 probably.

We used frog lube paste for lube for at least 5 years before I left and never had a problem.

You have to work the paste into the metal.

We found the lube was fine but the real benefit was cleaning. Much much much easier to clean bolt tails with frog lube impregnation.
You hit it with a heat gun and it will smooth out to a thin layer that doesn't attract dirt much and doesn't gum up.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews