JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like they used to be, I wish BiMart would go back to selling handguns too.

^^^^^^^^ +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^
+1 but it isn't likely to happen. I asked why they didn't carry handguns, answer was that they got tired of the break in's. I wish they did FFL transfers. They do offer special orders. Ask to see their catalog selection that you can order from. Prices range from 90% to 80% of MSRP.
Do these Freddy's that carry guns now have a full time employee standing there, or do you have to push the call button for assistance? What is the selection like?
The Newberg store's gun counter:

FMguns.jpg

There isn't a full time "gun person", just a sporting goods associate.

Do these Freddy's that carry guns now have a full time employee standing there, or do you have to push the call button for assistance? What is the selection like?

The store in Tumwater had two ladies behind the counter that didn't know a whole lot. I overheard someone asking for 7.62 x 54r and one lady flat out admitted she had no clue what that was and the other lady kept quiet all together. I don't think they were full-time behind the gun counter employees though (at least I really hope not).

The store in Tumwater had two ladies behind the counter that didn't know a whole lot. I overheard someone asking for 7.62 x 54r and one lady flat out admitted she had no clue what that was and the other lady kept quiet all together. I don't think they were full-time behind the gun counter employees though (at least I really hope not).

Nobody ever has any idea, and the guys who act like they do seem to know the least...

BUT.....

Freddy's sells guns and ammo, and that's totally rad, even if the guy behind the counter is a poof.

---

This is old news by about 2 years, BTW....

does anyone know if freddys sells reloading stuff? I have been looking into starting and just got a coupon that would work on it if they carry presses and dies and components.

Fred Myers is a glorified 7-11 I wont buy corn in there produce isle so don't see myself buying guns or ammo there any time soon.

I would think you would want to support a mainstream grocer that supports our 2nd ammendment rights, but to each his own.

Not many places you can pickup a pair of Dockers, ear of corn, plunger, lcd TV, box of .45 ammo, and an XDM in one stop. Just wish they sold slurpees like 7-11.

You guys are lucky with the freddies that has guns, im in clackamas and I go to a lot of different freddies in my area and none of them have guns. I can only wish. Dont forget that sure maybe the guns at freddies is expensive but whats cool is their reward points adds up and every 3 months you will get money back in a form of a coupon and purchase anything at freddies ( maybe except a gift card ).

They used to sell rifles and ammo in the 50's & 60's at FM. I can remember going to the old Hollywood store and wishing I had the money to buy one of the Winchester 94's they had there. Don't remember whether sold handguns. Of course this is when you could get ammo at gas stations, bars and restaurants once you got out of Portland. At this time sporting goods were sold at chain drugstores even at Payless in Lloyd Center. It was truly the good old days.

It was truly the good old days.

Well accept for the fiscal irresponsibility, the rampant physical and sexual abuses, racism and sexism, ridiculous political lies and propaganda (not that this has changed much), socially accepted drug usage, hippies in mass, presidential assassinations, protesting draftees as "baby-killers" by pussy lazy-*** worthless college drug addicts, baby-boomers with narrow-minded views burdening future generations, and lets not forget the Johnson Administration and the Gun Control Act of 1968(spurred by the multitude of high profile assassinations and setting the standard for the modern anti-groups, aka. use killings to justify bullbubblegum legislation for votes)... Not saying things are perfect now but, the only thing the 50s and 60s had going for it in America was that we were the only nation not brutally ravaged by war. 60 years later most of the people running this country STILL think its the 50s and 60s and have royally screwed us all. No offense but, this country won't see a massive change until the 50s and 60s generation is gone.

I first noticed Freddies carrying firearms about two years ago, at the Newberg store. An employee then said they were running a "pilot program", and if it worked out, other stores would join. I guess it worked. :p

As usual, they run sales. That's the right time to buy, if you can "afford" to wait (most likely you cannot afford NOT to wait. :). They won't advertise them, though. I haven't checked, but. maybe they post them on their website.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top