JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's been at least 10 years since my local FM sold any gun stuff at all. Tonight as I turned a corner they had a rifle case and looks to be at least two handgun cases, an optics case, and I'm not sure about the other one. Must say I was pretty surprised. Can't say the ammo prices were anything to get excited about though. Anyway, who'da thunk it that tonite I could've bought me a frozen pizza, some beer, a birthday card for my Dad, a new lawn sprinkler, and Springfield 1911 all at the same checkstand!

Cool, I haven't been over to the sporting goods section of my local FM in at least a year. Last I checked It was a couple fishing poles and some air-soft stuff. It would be nice if it were a corporate wide phenomena.

I don't know the exact number but starting about 2 years ago they added gun counters to a dozen or so stores. The store in newberg has one. Sell a small selection of spring field, taurus, ruger and few other pistols. They have a decent selection of rifles and shotguns too. Good ammo selection, about same as bimart but little more expensive. All prices a about average of a box store though, guns and ammo.

North Medford has the gun stuff too. They had the Remington 9mm 50 round box for under $11 so I bought what was left but that was before the BIG price jump this last month.
So far South Medford and Grants Pass do not have any gun goodies.
Mike

I was wandering around the Fred Meyer at the end of River Road in Puyallup today and stumbled upon a new gun counter complete with rifles, handguns, optics and ammunition! The prices actually weren't too far out there either. Just FYI folks.

Fred's in Scappoose, Brookings, Tillamook, and Warrenton have them that I know of.

I was in the Florence store this past weekend, and did not see any.....

As for the Portland stores, I have not seen any yet.....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!

It's pretty interesting the Fred Meyer in Bend started selling guns and ammo a few years ago. With the economy the it is I hope it pans out, I have stopped and looked at the selection and pricing a dozen or so times. only once there was someone behind the counter :confused:

Newberg sells guns.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Yes, they do:
FMguns.jpg

I might have to write a letter or speak to the manager here in Hillsboro. Dick's Sporting Goods and Sport's Authority have horrible ammo selections. The guy at Dick's tried to tell me that their "budget"(aka garbage) 5.56/.223 ammo was priced about average for ammo at $.38 a round. I didn't even know how to respond.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top