JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Beav_Fred.jpg Beav_Fred_2.jpg

Some kind of trial? test?

Or are there that many shootings near the grocery store?!

From Ann Arbor MI

edit to add:

Cameras protect nobody but sometimes the video will have evidence of the crime committed. Oddly enough the mask policy in Oregon makes cameras worthless for the most part.

They've been at Walmart too. Winco.... All over the place I'm sure. I don't know what they're going to do? They are there just to make the dirt bags nervous. When's the last time anyone was arrested and tried for property crimes in a store parking lot? HAAA :s0140: Maybe if you're raped, or beaten severely? But they're wearing a mask. Big "Raspberry" to potland leadership.

Wallwart, Loews, and home Depot here in Salem also have these, they started popping up around the same time as Covid!
These were here, I'm pretty sure, at the Freddy's Gateway store before the rona. The big MAX stop/transfer station is right next to their back parking lot. I'm sure they were put there because of the car clouting, robbing/raping of store employees and customers. Easy on/easy off for the potland criminal element with those trains and buses right there. The pilfering sacks O' Bubblegumming scum could be regularly seen just waltzing out that door with their packs stuffed full, headed straight to the train platform. They close those doors at night now.

What the hell has happened to our society that store security can't ask to see a receipt?! One thing that put a stop to that was when Avel Gordly was stopped outside the Hollywood West Fred's store and asked for a receipt. A HUGE firestorm erupted over that in the media and the aftermath was no more asking people to show receipts for their purchases.

What the hell has happened to our society that store security can't ask to see a receipt?! One thing that put a stop to that was when Avel Gordly was stopped outside the Hollywood West Fred's store and asked for a receipt. A HUGE firestorm erupted over that in the media and the aftermath was no more asking people to show receipts for their purchases.
CostCo. I can't leave without being asked to show a receipt. Maybe because the ask rate is close to 100% and not just a select few?

CostCo. I can't leave without being asked to show a receipt. Maybe because the ask rate is close to 100% and not just a select few?
Have to respectfully disagree re Walmart, Fred Meyers and the like asking for a receipt. Costco can do it because they are a membership retail outlet. Membership format allows them to impose such requirements.

A regular retail outlet....nope. Probably cause required. Their goods, my money. We exchange money for goods....my goods (and receipt) are none of their business.

Please don't read that as sanctioning theft. No patience with garbage people behaving like garbage people. Shrinkage is an incredibly large problem. A Walmart can lose millions in shrinkage in a years time. The answer is busting the criminals and prosecuting them as allowed by law.

Think of it as placing increasingly onerous gun control laws on law abiding gun owners because criminals commit crimes with guns. New laws are not going to change our law abiding conduct nor the criminal behavior of criminals.

Walmart greeter asks me for a receipt I say "No Thank You" and walk past.

That said....if people are seen stealing or conduct themselves in a manor to establish probable cause.....bust them....and the damn government has to do their bit with prosecution. Have you noticed government isn't prosecuting criminal activity anymore? They're great at making new laws and collecting taxes. But holding people accountable for criminal behavior?.....maybe if the perp has money to pay the fines and costs......but certainly not the run of the mill lower class hoi polloi.

Portland wouldn't be a boarded up no go zone if they busted and prosecuted criminal behavior.

Last Edited:
If it meant seeing dirt bag, scum, low-life pieces of feces, rotten thieves getting taken to the ground, HARD, I'll be more than happy to show a receipt every GD time I come out of a store. I'll go through a metal detector. I'll go through an X-ray machine. I'm damned sick to the point of actually being ill seeing what people are allowed to get away with these days! I wasn't raised like that. Had I been? I'd probably have been cured of it, or dead by now. That's the way it should be!

Maybe I'm EXTRA sensitive about it. Wifey has been at Point Of Sale for 30 years in the grocery biz. I AM extra sensitive because I hear first hand how people are now.

I pay for a membership to Costco, part of the deal is that i show my receipt when i leave.

It pisses me off when i need to make the rare return of something(kids clothing usually) to Freddy's and i have to stand behind a tweeker with a pile of stolen stuff with no receipt. Then they have the audacity to let that same dickhead walk out of the store with a cart full of stolen merchandise without asking for a receipt. However when i leave with a gallon of milk, not in a bag, i better produce a receipt or they send security after me.
I no longer stop for the receipt checker at Freddys and i have had several talks with the store manager that their practice is going to get someone hurt. Law abiding citizens wont put up with being grabbed by security from behind that doesnt identify themselves.
I have also asked if there is a specific reason why they dont ask everyone to produce a receipt, crickets. I have also asked if they could tell me the specific ORS that i am breaking if walk right past their useless receipt checkers, crickets. I am not real tolerant on watching criminals get away with stuff and then be treated like a criminal. I mostly shop at Winco now.
Until they start checking everyone and stop accepting returns from thieves, f--k em.

I pay for a membership to Costco, part of the deal is that i show my receipt when i leave.

It pisses me off when i need to make the rare return of something(kids clothing usually) to Freddy's and i have to stand behind a tweeker with a pile of stolen stuff with no receipt. Then they have the audacity to let that same dickhead walk out of the store with a cart full of stolen merchandise without asking for a receipt. However when i leave with a gallon of milk, not in a bag, i better produce a receipt or they send security after me.
I no longer stop for the receipt checker at Freddys and i have had several talks with the store manager that their practice is going to get someone hurt. Law abiding citizens wont put up with being grabbed by security from behind that doesnt identify themselves.
I have also asked if there is a specific reason why they dont ask everyone to produce a receipt, crickets. I have also asked if they could tell me the specific ORS that i am breaking if walk right past their useless receipt checkers, crickets. I am not real tolerant on watching criminals get away with stuff and then be treated like a criminal. I mostly shop at Winco now.
Until they start checking everyone and stop accepting returns from thieves, f--k em.
I've come to love Winco. I don't know what it is, but I can't stand the people in Freddy's anymore. Hollywood West seems dominated but uppity Karen and Darrel types, and Gateway just seems kind of dirty or something. Somehow I've come to feel very comfortable with the people in the 122nd/Sanrafael store. The people with NO peripheral vison blocking aisles in Freddy's is unbearable sometimes. You hardly ever see dogs in Winco either. A plus!

Refusal to submit to a requested receipt review does not in itself establish probable cause.

From the 2nd prior post above....If a security guard puts his hands on you for no other reason than refusing a receipt review he is putting himself and the employing store at risk of immediate defensive and subsequent legal action.

Again, don't read my post(s) as pro crime/criminal.
I have no tolerance for these bastids...ZERO.

At the same time we can not walk away from our rights and our responsibility to protect those rights.

Last Edited:
When did Beaverton Towncenter become this rough they need one of these?
Long time ago. They've had contract security to deal with the hobos / ruffians for going on 20 years. Once upon a time, it was even an armed posting - a company I used to work for had the contract then. I did a couple fill-in shifts. The security office was on the 2nd floor above what used to be the Chicken Bar. One of our employee's ND'd his gun into the floor, sending a round into the oven (or maybe it was the dish washer) and the property managers nixed the guns and it became an unarmed post. Before I moved to Texas, First Response Security was the security company providing service there, IIRC.

If ya'll are surprised about camera towers, you'd be more surprised that down here in the Houston area, some of the city PD's have actual booths on scissor lifts they put up in busy shopping center parking lots, officers can watch from 30' up. To draw your attention and maybe deter bad behavior, they even put red & blue flashing lights on the roof of the booths. I've also seen these camera towers deployed in places.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top