JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A Ford Mustang-E pulled into the lot at the clients site while I was parking.

I saw in the article on these turning into bricks, that it was classified as an CUV or SUV.

Wondered why.

4 doors.

A "mustang" with 4 doors is no longer a Mustang.
Even FORDs URL calls it an SUV: www ford com/ suvs /mach-e/
(I deleted the dots to get past the auto changer magical url softyware)

There is also one of those new Bronco's in the lot. I don't think it looks as good in person as it did in the ads.

I saw one of them a couple of months ago, kinda cool looking but NOT a Mustang!

It's enevetable that were going to be seeing a lot more electric cars and trucks, frankly, I'm kinda surprised it's taken this long to get there! Get used to it!

It's enevetable that were going to be seeing a lot more electric cars and trucks

I am surprised there are not more Diesel Electric Big Rigs / Over the road Bus's ( like Greyhound)
Run a 1 cyclinger diesel to keep the batteries topped up.

The 2022 Electric Truck from Ford looks good in the Computer Generated Images -

"Preproduction computer-generated image shown throughout. Starting spring 2022"

1621533171482.png
MEGA POWER FRUNK

Yea, that sound appealing.
Put the body in the frunk.

I am surprised there are not more Diesel Electric Big Rigs / Over the road Bus's ( like Greyhound)
Run a 1 cyclinger diesel to keep the batteries topped up.

The 2022 Electric Truck from Ford looks good in the Computer Generated Images -

"Preproduction computer-generated image shown throughout. Starting spring 2022"

View attachment 887860
MEGA POWER FRUNK

Yea, that sound appealing.
Put the body in the frunk.
They all tried in the 60's and 70's with various ideas many were quite advanced, but they all got the plug pulled for one reason or another!
When they can solve the energy density problem and figure out the brushless motors better, things will really take off!

Meh...

1621551607586.jpeg

I really really want to like electrics. Especially since I was heavily into RC cars and electric motors hands down kill any gas powered engine.

The range just kills them. That and their charge times.

You can put an auxiliary tank in the bed of a truck and go 1000 miles without ever needing to refuel. Then, at a gas station, it would take roughly 10-15 minutes to fill your tanks and keep going another 1000 miles.

Here we go again.
First it was the Mustang II/Pinto based Mustang, now more known for their front suspension used in many Street Rods :rolleyes: then it was this concept 567a469822ed47f8f1c9b69ffe0eae33.jpg 546b1f70d1d2f_-_s-32099-002-lg.jpg

The red one became the FWD Ford Probe.. some of the silver one's design cues went into the 1990s Mustangs which kept their Fox Body heritage..
And now we have the E-Stang/Mach-E? :rolleyes: whats next, a Ford " Mustang" van and truck???

Here we go again.
First it was the Mustang II/Pinto based Mustang, now more known for their front suspension used in many Street Rods :rolleyes: then it was this conceptView attachment 888405View attachment 888404

The red one became the FWD Ford Probe.. some of the silver one's design cues went into the 1990s Mustangs which kept their Fox Body heritage..
And now we have the E-Stang/Mach-E? :rolleyes: whats next, a Ford " Mustang" van and truck???
Well, look what they did to the T-Bird. :rolleyes:

Major props to Chevy for not screwing up the Corvette when they switched it to mid-engine. I was ready for that one to suck but they nailed it. Not a fan of the center console but the rest of it is the cat's bubblegum.

Anyone remember when all of Fords SUVs had names starting with E , and when they tried to have names starting with F for their cars/vans/crossovers other than Mustang and commercial vans? :rolleyes:

Explorer

Expedition

Excursion

Escape

Then

Flex

Freestar-former Windstar

Freestyle-became Taurus X then disappeared

Focus

Fusion

Five Hundred-I want to say became Taurus?

:rolleyes:

Oh and Transit Connect which started a line of tall vans with Transit names :rolleyes:

I'm glad they kept
F150
F250
F350
F450
F550
F650

Edit. There's a Ford F750 apparently :s0001:
:p these are all trucks.

Edit. I'm just surprised they didn't name the Ranger a F100 or F75 :p

Last Edited:
Where is the love for Hydrogen?

Ok, to get enough H, you need to start with an H rich media, like say, gasoline. So, Oil -> gas -> Hydrogen
Except for Iceland which has unlimite power due to volcano, so they can use sea water.

I think Hybrids are the best answer here, at least until we can generate electricity without fuel! As long as we're using some form of fuel, might as well make hybrids and do it locally on the small scale of individual cars instead of a whole grid that would have to change with the innovations as they come! This saves power and makes generating it locally in car much easier and more efficient!

Anyone remember when all of Fords SUVs had names starting with E , and when they tried to have names starting with F for their cars/vans/crossovers other than Mustang and commercial vans? :rolleyes:

Explorer

Expedition

Excursion

Escape

Then

Flex

Freestar-former Windstar

Freestyle-became Taurus X then disappeared

Focus

Fusion

Five Hundred-I want to say became Taurus?

:rolleyes:

Oh and Transit Connect which started a line of tall vans with Transit names :rolleyes:

I'm glad they kept
F150
F250
F350
F450
F550
F650

Edit. There's a Ford F750 apparently :s0001:
:p these are all trucks.

Edit. I'm just surprised they didn't name the Ranger a F100 or F75 :p
I had an F100 in 1974.....

I remember Daimler saying it would require the batteries from 22 prius cars for just one truck. How much would that add in weigh? How large would this block of batteries be? How long would it take to charge 22 prius's batteries? Drive a couple hundred miles and then have to park for 8 hours (or much longer) before traveling another couple hundred miles. How long until we the taxpayers end up paying for all of this "Free" energy charging stations that the government will require?

A Ford Mustang-E pulled into the lot at the clients site while I was parking.

I saw in the article on these turning into bricks, that it was classified as an CUV or SUV.

Wondered why.

4 doors.

A "mustang" with 4 doors is no longer a Mustang.
Even FORDs URL calls it an SUV: www ford com/ suvs /mach-e/
(I deleted the dots to get past the auto changer magical url softyware)

There is also one of those new Bronco's in the lot. I don't think it looks as good in person as it did in the ads.
Saw one of these at a dealership. Was not impressed. Did see yesterday that Ford has a new F-150 Lightning all electric P/U coming out. Probably not unexpensive but was more interesting than the Mustang-E.

If it's got 4 doors and an electric motor it's not a Mustang, its just some heavy, electric, thing that Ford makes.

Electric cars may be here to stay, but they've got a long way to go to get as reliable as a gas engine. Right now they all seem to be expensive, temperamental, never getting the range that the manufacturers swear they get.

That "Mustang" doesn't do anything for me, but I could have fun with the new Tesla roadster. 0-60 in 1.1 seconds with a cold gas rocket pack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top