JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do not believe such would result in specific ammo shortages. What we might possibly see, (very unlikely) is a heightened national threat level. This might include potential regional domestic threats or events caused by N. K. But all unlikely. My opinion only. Respectfully.

For the moment I do not see anything coming up but it will mainly depend on the media and the White House. If the media hypes it up as a guaranteed attack then the preppers will start the ball rolling and who knows where it goes from there.

But in my mind nothing will happen until then.

If your smart you would buy a few boxes each pay day to have on hand while it is still cheap so you are ahead of the game. Whats the worst that happens you have lots of ammo to shoot later

Not really, unless.....

Unless that little spunk stain actually lobs a missile into someone's territory and starts some real sh!t. For now, he's just a bloviating blowhard like his father before him. A lot of talk and little action (no doubt what he's like in bed too ;)). I see them as a potential threat, but more so to their immediate neighbors than to us hear on the mainland. But again, if he starts a war over there, I would expect people to start buying up everything here in a panic.

I see nothing now, BUT..........................Before this last great panic I had seen panic before. I had tired to tell people don't get caught. Few would listen. The only difference between this panic and past panic to me was the net. This time it spread faster and longer because so many could daily if not hourly remind everyone the sky was falling. Then the conspiracy stuff started. Wife and I could shoot when we wanted. Even Wife started to get caught up in it. Asked me one day about buying a new .22. Was all worried since there was "no ammo to be had.". I showed her we had a pile of it which she had just never noticed. When she asked how? I said because I had seen panic shortage before. This one was just self fulfilling for much longer do to the net. So as I tried to tell people before. You don't need to break the bank but set aside more than you shoot. Set aside components more than you use. This stuff never goes bad in our lifetime and bought well never goes down in price. There is no down side. When another panic hits don't be sitting there with one box of ammo or one box of primers and such. Same with things like "Black Rifles". I tell people who are "thinking" about one stop thinking and buy one now. I have never in my lifetime seen them at this price. So buy one. Last panic I got real tired of hearing so many scream about "hoarders". One saying he was in a Wally and they had just gotten in two AR's. Guy in front of him bought them both and refused to let him have one unless he paid twice as much for it. I asked him why he waited till a panic to decide to buy then. He got mad at me.

If your smart you would buy a few boxes each pay day to have on hand while it is still cheap so you are ahead of the game. Whats the worst that happens you have lots of ammo to shoot later

Sage advice right there... Buy it now as your funds permit. Prices are the most reasonable I've seen in years... A box or two here, a box or two there, and suddenly you have a stockpile...

Same for reloading components, a brick of primers here, a pound of powder there... Before long you have all the components you'll ever need...

Last Edited:
I have done the payday thing for a long time and it has paid off in the end. I still have 525 bricks of 22lr with a 7.99 price tag on them and I know that will never happen again.

I also do it with food because one extra can of something can add up quickly and has come in handy when myself or a family member has fallen on tough times.

I also agree if you want an AR, now is the time to buy or build one not in the middle of a panic. Mags are pretty cheap now as well.

Now is the time to plan and buy the things you may or may not later need, because it is always better to have and not need than need and not have.

For the moment I do not see anything coming up but it will mainly depend on the media and the White House. If the media hypes it up as a guaranteed attack then the preppers will start the ball rolling and who knows where it goes from there.

Preppers were mostly prepped where guns and ammo are concerned coming into the last election. There are such huge surpluses of both right now I don't see much movement. I'm assuming most of us have some ammo laid back?

North Korea won't be invading, but they could cause some serious disruptions. I'd be more worried about food, water, and meds than anything.

The box or two each payday is sage advice and it adds up pretty quickly.

Here we go again, the words out the sky is seriously falling,, this time?!?
Come on folks, if your new to the game I get it, but if not you've been in a cave or something.
All this, oh man it could be possibly, maybe, will be the start of the big one crap is exactly what starts the panic buying BS and the only real winners are the manufacturers.
Blame the media, whatever.
The reality is that if a tornado or hurricane or the big quake were to smack you tomorrow, you'd know then and there that all the Grandkids of "Menta lee I'll" don't mean squat!
There are many reasons to be prepared, and yes you should be indeed.
If one looks back at the most recent election and all the $450 AR's that went for $850 or more and didn't learn anything, yep you've been in a cave.
Oh, and to the scalpers that got caught with their $60-$80 bricks of 22's and high dollar speculative AR's,, BoooHahahaHa.
I didn't buy in then, and I don't need to now, come on fellow Boy Scouts, be prepared.:confused:

Their "beloved leader" is crazy, but he is not stupid.

This what I have long said. He has always done this crap when he wants money. It has always worked. This is the first time it has not and no doubt it's shocking him. Bottom line is he has to cow to China. China would off him in an instant if he did something to screw up the deal they have with the world and he knows this.

I purchase $100-150 a month in ammo. May buy 45-70, 5.56, or some handgun ammo.
If anything should happen with NK there will be a run but unless they really CAN hit us will probably come to nothing.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top