JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hello NWFA,
i just wanted to say thank you to a fellow member here and with his permission would like to share my thoughts.

My best friend, @Joelbrooks15 has spent the last 9 years serving our country in both the USMC (4yrs). he spent 1 year out and reenlisted into the ARMY(5yrs and about 2-3yrs as a Ranger.)approximately 1/3 of his life. he is now getting out this Friday but, will not be ending his service. he has a family here, in Oregon, and plans on finding a job and continuing his service by enlisting into the Oregon National Guard.

I am proud to call @Joelbrooks15 my best friend/brother and to say thank you for your service, brother.

i remember when we were just kids at 18 fresh out of High School and had the going away party for you... i remember the highs and lows of you going away to War and not hearing from you for months. There were nights where i was worried for your safety but, when you did call, it was like not a day went by we didnt talk to eachother.

As your brother, your time in the ARMY was much easier to bear for me and everyone else due to the invention of Facetime and you having WiFi over seas. Ha, you even showed me how to take down and clean a M16.

Oh the good times we had once you got out of the corps only to find out the ARMY was next on your mind.

You are an inspiration to me and have shown many that no matter what life throws at us, with hard work, determination and perseverance anything can be accomplished.

Thank you for your service, Brother.

We're all proud of You.

:s0042:

i look forward to all the hunting,shooting and gun building we're gonna be doing now.

Theres much more unsaid but i'll save that for another time. i promise i'll still say "Oscar Mike" when im coming over to your house. Good times.

...no my eyes arent watering.

Last Edited:
Good thread. Thank him from all of us here at NWFA for his service. But if we bought every veteran member here an engraved 1911, I think EVERY member here would end up dead broke! :D

Good thread. Thank him from all of us here at NWFA for his service. But if we bought every veteran member here an engraved 1911, I think EVERY member here would end up dead broke! :D
for sure, i gotcha... im thinking that would be something i could prob take care of on my own. not that i dont like the idea of all pitchin in, i feel itd be more personal if i took care of it to show my appreciation.

for sure, i gotcha... im thinking that would be something i could prob take care of on my own. not that i dont like the idea of all pitchin in, i feel itd be more personal if i took care of it to show my appreciation.

Yeah man, and it would probably mean more to him anyway. If I had my way, ALL veteran members here would get special recognition. But unfortunately that's tough with the sheer number of veteran members we are lucky to have here.

I CALLED IT!!

IMG_0185.PNG

Thank you @v0lcom13sn0w...me and this guy go back to 4th grade together and I couldnt be happier in a best friend. Being in the military I dont get a lot of recognition nor do I desire it. I see it as a job like anyone else has, so when someone says something like this know that I truly appreciate it.

Now with that said...Who doesnt love a Wilson Combat!?!?!? hahaha

Thank you all again for your support in what Ive done and where Im going. Means everything to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top