JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have four mark III, two Mark II and some Mark IVs. I could make a good living putting mark Is, IIs and IIIs if I charged my friends for putting them back together. I tell my friends it isn't that tough to do, but they just roll their eyes at me. I even had gun stores call me for help.

I think its because I only take it apart every five years. My gunsmith friend flips it around upside down and all around and has it back together in 15 seconds. He makes a living putting them back together when people like me get pissed off and cant figure it how to do and cant find a hammer.
I have had a MKII for a LONG time. That one I never have a problem with. When I first bought it for Wife the net was not a thing and the manual sucked. Ruger later re did it to make it MUCH better. They probably got tired of pistols coming back in pieces :D
Later of course youtube hit and of course multiple video's were there on what people were doing wrong and even an after market kit to make it come apart with an Alen.
The problem I had with that damn MKIII LITE was the stupid mag safety and the frame not being steel. The mag safety I always had to refresh which way what since I did not do it all the time. The frame being some kind of Polymer I guess, gave it enough give to cause the thing to get bricked that first time. Where it would not come apart again and was bricked. Apparently this was a common thing with them. There was an after market part to eliminate the mag safety but that still did not eliminate the frame being able to give just enough to lock it all up. In any case I sure as hell do not miss that pistol.

I have had a MKII for a LONG time. That one I never have a problem with. When I first bought it for Wife the net was not a thing and the manual sucked. Ruger later re did it to make it MUCH better. They probably got tired of pistols coming back in pieces :D
Later of course youtube hit and of course multiple video's were there on what people were doing wrong and even an after market kit to make it come apart with an Alen.
The problem I had with that damn MKIII LITE was the stupid mag safety and the frame not being steel. The mag safety I always had to refresh which way what since I did not do it all the time. The frame being some kind of Polymer I guess, gave it enough give to cause the thing to get bricked that first time. Where it would not come apart again and was bricked. Apparently this was a common thing with them. There was an after market part to eliminate the mag safety but that still did not eliminate the frame being able to give just enough to lock it all up. In any case I sure as hell do not miss that pistol.
Installation of a Volquartsen kit including the bushing that eliminates the trigger/magazine disconnect and helps to make the Mark III lite a sweetheart shooter. There is one spring that is held in place by a grooved pin, similar to the pins on an AR 15 style lower., to watch out for when doing this install.

I can do a complete Volquartsen target trigger pkg install on a Ruger Mark in a very short period of time. Tandemkross also sells Volquartsen parts along with some of their in house produced items. If you own a Ruger Mark, a trigger upgrade is money well invested. And if you own a Mark III, elimination of the trigger/magazine disconnect is a must do.

Installation of a Volquartsen kit including the bushing that eliminates the trigger/magazine disconnect and helps to make the Mark III lite a sweetheart shooter. There is one spring that is held in place by a grooved pin, similar to the pins on an AR 15 style lower., to watch out for when doing this install.

I can do a complete Volquartsen target trigger pkg install on a Ruger Mark in a very short period of time. Tandemkross also sells Volquartsen parts along with some of their in house produced items. If you own a Ruger Mark, a trigger upgrade is money well invested. And if you own a Mark III, elimination of the trigger/magazine disconnect is a must do.

That bushing deal was what I was going to buy to do away with the anti lawyer safety :mad:
Then I bricked the damn thing again one day and said to hell with this. The damn frame made of some kind of plastic sure make it light but, that "give" was enough to really be a problem if you brick the damn thing. Love my MKIV LITE and still enjoy the Wife's old MKII so I re homed the damn thing. I keep meaning to get one of the triggers. Had an old MKII for a long time with one made by the old Clark Co. Damn thing was sweet. My bulls eye shooting days are long gone though so I guess that's why I just never bother to buy one for either of the MK's I have now. They are just range fun and one or both go with me every trip. Cheap fun and they will probably outlive me :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top