JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When they say they have not ID'ed the CHL holder they mean the cops haven't told the Media. If the cops know the guy has a CHL they sure as hell know his name.

In my 7 years of being a Reserve LEO I only needed a civilians help once...and I was damn glad to have it. Sadly this likely won't be publicized.

I'm happy to see this. While we put the responsibility for public safety on the shoulders of the LEO's, there are times when we must also get involved. Same goes for fire, medical, etc. They can't be everywhere, they can't be out in enough numbers. That is why many of us carry - because we can't be certain they can be there to help us when the SHTF. And they should be able to count on a fellow citizen to assist them when, and if the citizen is in a position to do so (I say this as a voluntary act on the part of the citizen, not a requirement).

One example of watching citizens step in to help sticks firmly in my mind. Do any of you folks remember the big wildfire that started on the slopes near U of P maybe about 10 years ago, middle of the summer? The fire exploded quickly and threatened a bunch of homes along that cliff. The FD showed up but the fire was more than they could handle. Dozens of citizens stepped in to help the FD man their hoses - putting 1 firefighter running the line while many citizens helped hold it and back them up, allowing more lines to run with a limited number of firefighters. It was dangerous, but many people jumped in to help - and it was all caught on camera from above. I was pretty pleased to see so many citizens willing to come together, under personal risk, to help out the FD.

Their would be the temptation to tell a Portland cop ''Sorry about your plight. But it appears to me this guy is Peacefully Protesting your azz''. I will pullback and observe. :rolleyes:

I get that you're kidding, that said the "Rank & File" would want to shut this down but the political appointee's (Leadership) are unfortunately dictating responses.

I get that you're kidding, that said the "Rank & File" would want to shut this down but the political appointee's (Leadership) are unfortunately dictating responses.

And this right here should be brought up NOW and dereliction of duty charges filed!!!!
They (politicians) were sworn to protect their people so they have broken the oath and must be held accountable!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Definitely during their re-election campaign!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I guess two citizens helped a cop subdue the suspect after the officer got shot this morning over around 135th and Sunnyside, Happy Valley.

I haven't got a chance to help out a Cop yet.

But I have helped out a firefighter.
He cut his finger off using the jaws of life at an accident seen. :eek:

I found his finger in a foot of fire retardant foam. And drove him [And the finger] to the hospital. o_O

Rarely have cops needed my help. But I'm always ready to help. However, fire is a different story. Lived in SoCal. Every 4 years there was a fire that went from Ventura County to the ocean at Malibu. We lived in the hills and many of us were there every 4 years to help. Without the volunteers, we could have lost hundreds of homes and a a few firefighters. In 20yrs, we never lost a house or a life.

I posted this on the humor thread too, but here is an example of someone highly unlikely to assist the police in any way - just be warned, it is NSFW:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top