JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions for flashlights with a rear momentary switch for less than $75+.

Most I've found are 75 plus with most being well over $100. Found one on Amazon for $50 with half off coupon but momentary switch was for strobe only, not what I'm looking for to be honest.

I'd tell you to get a Cloud Defensive MCH but that's a bit more than $75….

IMG_3525.jpeg

You aren't the only one looking, this thread has some suggestions

You aren't the only one looking, this thread has some suggestions

I've actually found that thread while looking but just trying to find more options.

I've had good luck with Fenix lights. You can find plenty of models in your budget.
+1. Fenix is def one of the better Chinese makers. I have a few of their lights and they've all been great. Had one issue with a fairly new battery that would not take a charge. Sent them an email and they sent me out a brand new battery, no hassles.

Also, if you end up buying any spare batteries, they tend to offer regular batteries that need to go on a charger and batteries that have a built in charge port...that are usually just a little more expensive...but worth the extra price IMO as it's one less thing to have to carry around and you can charge them up easily via the charge ports in your car.

Fenix are good, had one for EDC for a while.

Switched to Sofirm, this model is SP31 V2.0. Knockoff which is pretty decent & value priced with nice options. Very bright, various levels, side switch & rear click or momentary.

Bought a couple, in case of failure. Didn't need to, dropped this one more than a handful of times. On concrete & asphalt, still runs new.

Takes 2 CR123's or a single large rechargeable.

Recommend. Am on a phone, will link in in the am if I remember.

This one here:

$28 with large battery and charger (no idea on shipping).

Bought mine thru Amazon mid 2021 and they were $35. Looks like $36 on Amazon today, however there are also newer ones - plug in recharge etc. Didn't look too much, as I'm fine with this one. Would consider other Sofirn models in search, if I was looking for a new carry, given my experience with this model...

Last Edited:
I like the Coast brand metal body rechargeable ones. The lens on them is far better than anything I've seen in the price range. They also come with a spare battery pack to use alkalines if the main pack goes dead.

I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions for flashlights with a rear momentary switch for less than $75+.

Most I've found are 75 plus with most being well over $100. Found one on Amazon for $50 with half off coupon but momentary switch was for strobe only, not what I'm looking for to be honest.
It would be helpful to know what the planned use of the flashlight is. Lights come in all sizes, formats, and brightness ratings. Are you planning on carrying it/pocket carrying it, or is it solely for bedside, backpack use? I have multiple lights for multiple useage. My dedicated bedside HD light is big enough that it would not be easily pocket carried, but puts out and incredible amount of light. I am also a candela freak- I would rather have high candela than lumens. Lots of lights have crazy high lumens, but it is all flood. If that is what you need, to light up a large area directly in front of you, then great. However if you needing to see something far away, such as where i live, where we have a lot of land, and sometimes need to see several hundred yards away, then candela will give you that reach. The good news is that we live in an age where there are a crazy good amount of lights out there that could work, and LEDS have come a long ways, even in the last couple of years!

It would be helpful to know what the planned use of the flashlight is. Lights come in all sizes, formats, and brightness ratings. Are you planning on carrying it/pocket carrying it, or is it solely for bedside, backpack use? I have multiple lights for multiple useage. My dedicated bedside HD light is big enough that it would not be easily pocket carried, but puts out and incredible amount of light. I am also a candela freak- I would rather have high candela than lumens. Lots of lights have crazy high lumens, but it is all flood. If that is what you need, to light up a large area directly in front of you, then great. However if you needing to see something far away, such as where i live, where we have a lot of land, and sometimes need to see several hundred yards away, then candela will give you that reach. The good news is that we live in an age where there are a crazy good amount of lights out there that could work, and LEDS have come a long ways, even in the last couple of years!
protac-hl4_main.jpg
This guy hangs out on the door frame.

This one here:

Bought mine thru Amazon mid 2021 and they were $35. Looks like $36 on Amazon today, however there are also newer ones - plug in recharge etc. Didn't look too much, as I'm fine with this one. Would consider other Sofirn models in search, if I was looking for a new carry, given my experience with this model...
I've got one of these. Very good light for the money, I'd buy another. Easy to recommend.

Ended up getting a sofirn sp35t for 39.99 from Amazon. Surprisingly it can overnight so ordered it at like 7pm last night and it was delivered by 7am. Crazy.

But light is more than ample for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Ended up getting a sofirn sp35t for 39.99 from Amazon. Surprisingly it can overnight so ordered it at like 7pm last night and it was delivered by 7am. Crazy.

But light is more than ample for me. Thanks for the suggestions.
Now that we're over that hump, I'm really happy with mine, but it was a little more than OP wanted.

This one here:

I use one of those. it surprisingly is good Chineseum illum. for such a low price.
pretty solid built, multiple power levels, high power is Real Bright and low is just about right. am already geared with 18650 batteries and Nightcore charger, so it was easy choice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top