JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a huge fan of Anker products. I have a portable battery back, charging cables, earbuds, a portable speaker, and a flashlight.

The flashlight is great quality and I am very hard on my gear. It's very bright (900 lumen), rechargeable by USB, and has different light modes (strobe and different Intensities).

For $30, you can't beat it.

Screenshot_20220108-005220_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I am a huge fan of Anker products. I have a portable battery back, charging cables, earbuds, a portable speaker, and a flashlight.

The flashlight is great quality and I am very hard on my gear. It's very bright (900 lumen), rechargeable by USB, and has different light modes (strobe and different Intensities).

View attachment 1103205
Cool, I didn't know they made flashlights.

I am a fan of Nitecore. I have several of their lights, headlamps, batteries and charger. They have worked very well and they have a large selection, the right light for the specific task.

The resurrection of this thread is serendipitous. I noticed today that Tac Light commercials are back on the air again. Haven't seen these commercials for a while. Does anyone have experience with these? I was thinking about ordering a couple, but I can't find any specs on the website, so I'm a bit hesitant.

The resurrection of this thread is serendipitous. I noticed today that Tac Light commercials are back on the air again. Haven't seen these commercials for a while. Does anyone have experience with these? I was thinking about ordering a couple, but I can't find any specs on the website, so I'm a bit hesitant.

No experience. But concerned that they give no specifications on brightness, size, weight, batteries, operating modes, and much more. 22x ordinary flashlight brightness? That's as meaningless as "shades" of tooth whitening.

Lots of hype, no solid facts.

The admittedly cheapo WSSBLUE Chinese Cree has thus far been flawless in frequent short periods of use.Haven't seen much market proliferation of the brand. Same length & tube diameter as Fenix UC35 but 50% larger reflector forabout 1/2 the cost. My Fenix collection has grown in last 2 years.

Decent cheap light. Good for porch duty. Heavy for what you get, so not something I'd carry around

Any updates - recommended brands / avoids?
Batteries?
Systems?

Batteries
In re-charging my lights / replacing batteries, I found a couple of leakers in the AAA CostCo brand. These are highly recommended by some review sites.

What is your best 18650 battery and where are you getting them?

Lights
I have not had any issues with my Thrunite's - one in my pocket all waking hours Ti3, and 6 others TN12v4 (cars, rooms, bags, etc)
No issue with the Fenix I got via our older fund raisers. One has a USB Micro as the re-charge port.

I ditched a couple more of the old CostCo 200/300 series as these are going on 10 years of service use so I don't feel bad.
I ditched a Coast brand light.

The 'free" Harbor Freight light I got at work is still going - and on the plus side maybe 10 years of use and no one has "borrowed it' permanently.
Batteries - Try Battery Junction. Don't go cheap, as they won't last long between charging. I use rechargeables in everything, both 123 and 18650...saves a lot of money over time continually buying batteries. I use one of the NiteCore chargers.

As my earlier post states...been in enough elephant dung to know what works. I prefer Surefire. Their basic lights don't cost much more than many lights on the market.

Duel-Fuel lights are great...but not many people are packing around 18650 batteries, but most everyone have 123s.

View attachment 1103205
Anker makes good stuff. I have a portable power pack from them and a Nebula Capsule Max portable projector. :)

I swear by the Streamlight Stylus Pro. No bigger than a large pen, rugged, bright, and about $20

I haven't managed to break one yet.
Boy, I sure have. They're great until they aren't. My stream light stinger, on the other hand, will not die. It also cost about 200.

tried out what I think might be the next generation of light batteries...the 21700.
I ordered a pair of ThruNite lights because they were 'blue" ... for the wifey.

https://www.batteryjunction.com/thrunite-tt20.html

ThruNite TT20

USB C Rechargeable

Dual-Switch

5000mAh 21700 Battery proprietary

2526 Lumens

CW

This light works different from my other ThruNite - in that the end cap goes straight to max output. Not on/off to other levels, nor cycling etc.
Use the side switch to turn on and ramp brightness.
Full power got the light very hot very quick - seconds.

USB charge so it can live in the car and be charged as needed.

She'll use one on a daily basis, so I'll update in a while (few weeks/months)

Compare to the

TN12 V4

1100 Lumen

18650 battery, or 2x CR123A

Of which I have 6 around the house.

From 2018 on Batteries for lights

AAA10440
AA 14500
CR123a16340
CR123a x218650
There are plenty of other sizes too

? Dual / Triple / Quadruple "fuel" lights -- what do you like?
- that is lights which can use several different batteries, without an adapter
- at least one of which is a bodega battery ( your typical AAA, AA ...)
for example: 18650 battery - or 2x CR123s ( add in the rechargeable 123 RCR123A to get triple)

An example
Streamlight IL 1AA cr123 and AA. Tester also got AAA and AAAA to function.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top