JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
New year, new goals.
Being 46 with a wife and 5 kids, I owe it to them and myself to always be in shape.
I will continue that this year.
I run and lift.
I'm not a big believer in paying someone $30.00-100.00 to run THEIR marathon.
I just run my own, alone. Not running 26 right now. But I do 10 miles without much trouble.
Shoulders are getting sore as I age. Need to limit heavy lifting on those.
Stretching is the big one this year I think. Way way way to tight. and that leads to many injuries.
Climbing the Tetons this August.
Always watch food intake.

My knees are starting to act up from decades of playing soccer followed by decades of sitting at work. Jogging is starting to get to me.

If we have a decent tax return I'll consider buying something easygoing like a tread climber.

Im 6' 150#s so not entirely heavy by any means, but things are starting to "round" off if you know what I mean.

1577833063142.png

I lost about 30# in 2019 without really trying hard. In 2020, I want to get back into mountain biking, and we're going to Yellowstone in September, and I have a potential hunting spot picked out that's several miles off the nearest access point. I also turn 40 in August. So I want to drop some more weight and be in better shape by the end of my 30's.

I do Murph every May and another event in August or September--a Spartan, usually--and I like to train to get better at those things. I get excited about doing the organized events better every year. I'm 41 now, and with my first kid, and it's difficult to remain as good at the activities I engage in (climbing, surfing, skiing, shooting) as I want to be without cross-training.

In 2020, I will try harder to make good my commitment to resistance training at the fitness club two-days a week. This is part of the Silver Sneakers Program so it only cost me time, not money. Also, continue my daily walking program and healthy low carb diet strategy.

Continue loosing weight. I lost a net of about 50lbs last year - it was 60, but I fell off the low carb bandwagon around the start of the holiday season and put 10-12lbs back on. Disappointed, to say the least. My goal *was* another 40lbs to go, but that's back up to 50. I'm thankfully still in a 42 waist, I want to get down to a 38 again. I feel a lot better in general now than I did when I was at my heaviest, I used to be 315lbs, I was 263 when I got on the scale last. At my lightest this year I was 252 lbs. I want to get to 210-215. Tonight we're celebrating with friends - they're doing chicken chili / rice, and I"m sure other goodies. Tomorrow I'm hard * fast back on the protiens & veg bandwagon.

I lost about 30# in 2019 without really trying hard. In 2020, I want to get back into mountain biking, and we're going to Yellowstone in September, and I have a potential hunting spot picked out that's several miles off the nearest access point. I also turn 40 in August. So I want to drop some more weight and be in better shape by the end of my 30's.
About where I am, albeit without the exercise. Goal is to be 200# or less before I hit 40 in June, as of now I'm about 5-7 away thanks to keto and other diet tricks. If I crack 200 early, gonna take a break to have Da Good Stuff again for a week or two, then start the cycle again and aim to get into about the 175-180 range.

Continue loosing weight. I lost a net of about 50lbs last year - it was 60, but I fell off the low carb bandwagon around the start of the holiday season and put 10-12lbs back on. Disappointed, to say the least. My goal *was* another 40lbs to go, but that's back up to 50. I'm thankfully still in a 42 waist, I want to get down to a 38 again. I feel a lot better in general now than I did when I was at my heaviest, I used to be 315lbs, I was 263 when I got on the scale last. At my lightest this year I was 252 lbs. I want to get to 210-215. Tonight we're celebrating with friends - they're doing chicken chili / rice, and I"m sure other goodies. Tomorrow I'm hard * fast back on the protiens & veg bandwagon.
Your the boss, but just a thought from experience. Eat some rice. and stay away from bread. Don't eat after dinner. Have 12+ hours between end of dinner and next day food.

Advice: plan on taking a step backward every now and again--one for every 4-5 forward still keeps you moving in the right direction, and still lets you have some Good Eats every now and again.

Your the boss, but just a thought from experience. Eat some rice. and stay away from bread. Don't eat after dinner. Have 12+ hours between end of dinner and next day food.

I was doing intermittent fasting before along with the low carbs - I had an 8 hour (roughly) window where I ate, and 16 without eating. It was working well.

I was doing intermittent fasting before along with the low carbs - I had an 8 hour (roughly) window where I ate, and 16 without eating. It was working well.
It's amazing how opinions change over the years. They used to say 5-6 meals a day without going to many hours without food. And many swore it was the only way to roll. Grandpa and grandma didn't eat that way and they were skinny. Well granny was fat.

Hopefully I can pull myself back up the rope that's dragging me from behind the wagon and see if I can clamber back on top of it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top