JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
7F02BA01-77D1-4D4D-85EC-3E2736DDE7DF.jpeg 399CDD88-7E87-4199-88C8-5B8D19ADCBB3.jpeg
Post pictures of your first fish or fishing trip of the year! Doesn't matter the size or species, just that you got out fishing and caught something!
Post what you used and where you caught your fish, if you so choose.
Caught this in a lake near my place. Pink twerk jig with a madriver 3" glo pink worm and sandshrimp procure oil under a medium small thill slip bobber.

Last Edited:
Sounds good to me, I'll bring some drinks and all my knowledge to share.
I'm usually a solo act, so it will be great to pass ideas back and forth.

First Fish of the Year!

Nice! I haven't fished since the 80s, when I'd catch mud-cats off a coal-barge on the Kanawha River in WV.

Always wanted to try some big-fish attempts, like a blue-fin or such. But that's never come about in my life yet.

Never hunted in my life, but there's very little I'd shoot around here that I'm willing to eat. And "trophy hunting" is just wrong, IMO.
Unless there's something that'll give me some good bacon! :)

baconbaconbacon.PNG

Nice! I haven't fished since the 80s, when I'd catch mud-cats off a coal-barge on the Kanawha River in WV.

Always wanted to try some big-fish attempts, like a blue-fin or such. But that's never come about in my life yet.

Never hunted in my life, but there's very little I'd shoot around here that I'm willing to eat. And "trophy hunting" is just wrong, IMO.

You mean you don't like the taste of some grilled teriyaki rats? There's a guy on YouTube named Shawn Woods who tests mouse and rat traps, then eats what he catches. I do believe I will pass on dinner at his house.

951197EA-4C8E-4D12-A47B-87280E4FC680.jpeg

What's wrong with trophy hunting? On my place we do our own management, only shooting 6-pt or better. We see plenty smaller, but let them grow up. The tenderloin and hamburger tastes the same, and healthier than bacon.

View attachment 546460
What's wrong with trophy hunting? On my place we do our own management, only shooting 6-pt or better. We see plenty smaller, but let them grow up. The tenderloin and hamburger tastes the same, and healthier than bacon.
Trophy hunting usually has the connotation that the animal is wasted, which I have a problem with.
Shooting trophy animals and consuming them is just good hunting.

Trophy hunting usually has the connotation that the animal is wasted, which I have a problem with.
Shooting trophy animals and consuming them is just good hunting.
That's a myth, promoted by the antis. Even in Africa, all the meat goes to the appreciative locals, and the bid-money permits go into the economy. Confusing poachers with trophy hunters is like confusing the NRA with MS-13.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top