JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came home early after my monthly chemo treatment and changed the oil in the boat in anticipation of the weather this weekend. Ran outta time to pick up a trolling plate so the wife will pick it up tomorrow. Saturday I'll take my two boys, and some friends out and give the boat a shakedown ahead of schedule and hopefully catch something. All of my kids, aside from my six year old, finally have their first fish and I hope to keep building on those numbers. I'll report back later in the weekend.
CA1D6704-4976-4C34-A1C7-7B446306E4D2.jpeg
Here's a pic of our boat all ready for action. Never mind the single axle trailer, I know it's overloaded by close to 1000lbs.

You should look into a heavier trailer or at least a heavier axle. We lost a wheel bearing on our boat trailer once and we were about 5 miles from BFE. Not a good day. If the dog hadn't had to stop and pee we'd have been in even worse shape. The hub on the solid axle was toast so we just had a new and heavier axle installed.
Have fun!

Where are you headed too? I've been tossing around the idea of a crabbing/fishing boat
Just up to Detroit, more of a test and tune for the boat. We use it a lot during the summer and I don't want any surprises. Another year without a cracked block which is nice. We bought it with a new (not rebuilt) engine with only three hours on it and I have the invoice, I really don't want to have to pay for something like that.

As long as you winterized properly you should be good. I haven't been up to Detroit lately but it should be getting full
Yes, we winterized it this year for the first time. This is the first time it was parked exposed to weather out in the pole building behind the shop instead of in it though so I was a little anxious.

Think we are going to try bank fishing at Detroit Sunday afternoon since Green Peter fishing was pretty much destroyed from the draw down this winter.
Hope all goes well with the boat.

Think we are going to try bank fishing at Detroit Sunday afternoon since Green Peter fishing was pretty much destroyed from the draw down this winter.
Hope all goes well with the boat.
I'll post back about Detroit, I heard almost all the fish were killed by the bumbling mistakes made by the state/feds up at Green Peter. I'm not too worried about the boat, it's in really good shape and fired righ up last night with fresh oil. I still need to change the oil in the outdrive though, it's like four years old, oops

LOTS of boats on the water, no fish though. Only one nibble. Got a little satisfaction when a pushy guy backed down and crowded his way down the ramp, unloaded his boat, blocked every one while he parked and then took off full throttle only to hit a floating log and sustained damage. Watch out for floating debris, lots of it on the water still.

LOTS of boats on the water, no fish though. Only one nibble. Got a little satisfaction when a pushy guy backed down and crowded his way down the ramp, unloaded his boat, blocked every one while he parked and then took off full throttle only to hit a floating log and sustained damage. Watch out for floating debris, lots of it on the water still.
I love karma! Boat ramps take patients and kindness other wise it makes for a bad day

My 14 year old son performed perfect unloading and loading the boat today, he even got some compliments on how good he did. The trailer was only in the water for about 90 seconds on the recovery side of it. He's been driving the boat for several years and is better than most at loading the boat. I can't wait until he gets a little more practice with backing the trailer so I get to do all the fun stuff.

His karma bit his dogma!!!

I'm glad to see you venturing out with the kids on the shakedown run, those are some of the most fun ever on the water. Some have been amusing and humbling to say the least. My favorite saying is, Never a trip, Always an adventure. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top