JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think It turned out pretty good. This may be my new go-to holster for walking the dog.:D

Tips and criticisms? I already wish I had made the back portion extend up the slide to keep it from pinching me when I re-holster.

20130407_222902_LLS.jpg 20130407_215941_LLS.jpg View attachment 143536

Looks good !
I wonder about the lower edge being turned in toward your body.......does that touch you?
As to the part you wished you had included, just cut it out of kydex and glue it to the back of the holster.

Looks good !
I wonder about the lower edge being turned in toward your body.......does that touch you?
As to the part you wished you had included, just cut it out of kydex and glue it to the back of the holster.

If that bottom edge does touch me, I dont notice it.

Looks good.
What about making the gun go deeper in the hoster.
Looks like its a bit top heavy

I based the level of the opening on a bladetech holster I have. I think it's that way to give you a full grip on the gun. It would look more normal if it weren't for the stubby nature of the G26. A problem I had with the bladetech was that the holster ended at the barrel and it was "floppy" if I didn't wear a stiff duty type belt. That's why I have the bit of kydex at the bottom; to kind of extend it and stabilize it. This thing hugs close and secure. It might come down to the belt loop design more than the extra kydex at the bottom, tho. The bladetech uses screw on plastic loops that
make it stand off a little more.

Awesome job dude!! Are you thinking of going in business or just a hobby/DIY thing?

BTW the no sweat shield pinch thing is a good thing IMO, teaches you to slow down and holster with purpose. Do it left handed draw with the ejection port toward the meat for the full effect. I thought it was great aid when I converted to AIWB due to the heavy nature of reholstering that mode of carry

I just thought it would be kind of a cool hobby and to make holsters and sheaths that fit the way I like them to rather than pay and settle. I'll end up making some for friends, I'm sure.

I think your work looks good. Anything you can tell the rest of us about the process? Things you learned making this? I have been thinking about this myself.

I used the oven to heat it and used the foam press method to form it. There are tons of videos on YouTube that show different ways to do it.

Nice job, man. Got an estimate of cost of materials and time to make? I'm thinking about getting into I myself and am wondering if its worth the time. Thanks.

I'll have to figure that out. The kydex and eyelets are cheap. Took me maybe an hour for the work. I already had a coping saw, drill, vice, dremel, and belt sander. Had to buy the eyelet tool, clamps, foam, and wood.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews