JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well.......I chatted with my new neighbors: nice people. They did not realize that my garage had been hit because the same salvo that struck my garage door also scored several hits on their 2011 Tahoe that they had parked in front of my house. OUCH!

They offered to REPLACE my garage door. Like I said: nice people. I am NOT going to take them up on it. Tonight we will be "blowing up" the neighborhood side by side.

Good outcome. Gratz!! Have fun and be safe-ish....:s0155::s0114:;)

I was the first one to reply to this thread and the second victim. Came outside to fin three burn marks and one dent on my door....couldn't believe it. Debt is so small oh well but bummed.

Tonight was T-riffic. for the last 2 hours almost constant bangs. booms.cracks and pops. It has tapered off now and is getting quite.
I needed the booms. pops. bangs, cracks and echoed explosions to smooth my mind. I am calmer now then i have been in 2 days.
i think I shall sleep well tonight.

While i am sorry some of you had damage I am glad I have heard no reports of injury.

Heck yeah BillC climbs.

Craig has it .... as of last Monday anyway.

Keeping with the fireworks theme, I once found myself in hawaii (small town in the big island) during the New Years day celebration about 15-20 years back. Chinese believe that the fireworks will scare off the evil, and there a lot of Chinese ancestry types around there - so this entire small town turned out to fire it up. Perhaps originally everyone wanted to be supportive of the Chinese most likely: so all of the Japanese, Philippinos, Native Hawaiian types, poi, Haoles (maybe that was just me) and all mixed up ALL went outside and lit it up. As an outsider, I was struck by the difference of the mainland vs the island. Over here, it's about viewing the spectacle and the spectacular show the fireworks cause. Over there, they really seemed less concerned with what it looked like and were trying with all their might to get it all up in the air at once. Totally focused on the production line effect of getting it done as rapidly and efficiently as possible, hardly concerned with the show at all. I was with of bunch of folks but the lead dogs in our group were 2 older 442 veterans, but it appeared that everyone else in the entire valley was doing the same gig. They had spent heavily on good stuff too.

It may have been the most impressive fireworks I've ever seen. Although watching some slam into a parked 2011 Tahoe would be worth watching as well:) WoW! Glad it was just the rig and not a lil kid. I'm sure we've all seen some near misses.

Maybe it's just cause you're in Vancouver. My scariest fireworks moment came in Vancouver long long time back. Buddy had an 8" Howitzer simulator he'd borrowed from another buddy in the military, maybe it was Fort Lewis. This couple lived on that hill in the 'couve, had a great view, were awesome folks and we'd all go hang out, party, and watch the fantastic Vancouver city fireworks and then people would light off what they had afterwards. So these yahoos...well, they were mostly all friends, or friends of friends, put this simulator thing out in the street and had run 2 wires over to a truck battery to detonate it. The howitzer simulator, which had been standing up, flops over and a bystander walked out to stand it back upright JUST at the exact same time as dude was reaching to the battery terminals with wires in both hands...his back turned to the explosive device oblivious that he was about to kill someone. I was standing right next to him, happily not to preoccupied with running my mouth as is usual custom, saw this horror show about to hit and simultaneously yelled and grabbed at his hands. Dude turned around and almost bubblegum himself looking right at some jackass standing the unit upright. Next try he nervously tried to watch teh device and touch the battery contacts and what happened next shocked the crap out of everyone. Blammm, this thing blows: it was significantly louder than anyone anticipates, and I'd seen the 8" self propelled howitzers fired live and didn't remember that kind of noise: simultaneously the ground shakes, and it blows out a nearby street light! Everyone runs inside as the glass is still raining down onto the road and basically called it a night. Took a while till we could nervously laugh about it.

We were enjoying the display at Gresham HS in 1976 (our 200th) when after approx. 16 rockets were launched, one tipped over and ignited the remaining 184 units in one shot. It was pandemonium, with mortars flying everywhere. Quite the show, one you wont see every day. There were no deaths as I recall, but plenty of injuries to go around. Note to self,,,I DONT NEED TO SIT SO D@*N CLOSE NEXT TIME!

We were enjoying the display at Gresham HS in 1976 (our 200th) when after approx. 16 rockets were launched, one tipped over and ignited the remaining 184 units in one shot. It was pandemonium, with mortars flying everywhere. Quite the show, one you wont see every day. There were no deaths as I recall, but plenty of injuries to go around. Note to self,,,I DONT NEED TO SIT SO D@*N CLOSE NEXT TIME!

That is what I call a bonus!

Well.......I chatted with my new neighbors: nice people. They did not realize that my garage had been hit because the same salvo that struck my garage door also scored several hits on their 2011 Tahoe that they had parked in front of my house. OUCH!

They offered to REPLACE my garage door. Like I said: nice people. I am NOT going to take them up on it. Tonight we will be "blowing up" the neighborhood side by side.

Well done.

The most fun I ever had with fireworks was with my brother when I visited him at KU where he was in college. He lived in a 4th story dorm room that looked out on the parking lot. There were a bunch of frat boys driving around the parking lot and yelling obscenities at the dormies. We had some exploding bottle rockets and a section of aluminum pipe about 6' long with about a 3/8" ID. My brother opened his window and put the pipe on his shoulder like a bazooka. He told me to load a bottle rocket in the back of the tube. Right as the frat boys' car was passing by he told me to light the bottle rocket and he aimed the pipe at the open window of their car. It was a beautiful shot as the rocket went right in the window and started bouncing around the inside of the car. The car stopped and the doors flew open and it looked like one of those clown cars in the circus with bodies flying out if it in all directions. I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. :s0114::s0112::s0114:

We were in Lakeview at the fairgrounds for the annual show. Wind picked up pretty good so we have plenty of glowing embers dropping on us from the big stuff. Great fun!
Only drag of the evening was an awful band playing in some other part of the grounds, murdering classics from Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones etc... and some of the typical Boone & Crocket mosquitos that were attempting to feast on us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top