JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
We knew the censorship was coming. AR15.com has been attacked this morning and has been out for some people. It initially seemed to be carriers blocking them. I've been on most of the morning, but now can't get there via xfinity or Sprint. Not sure if it's an ISP specific issue, DNS attack, or something else.

Just checked and it worked for me. Safari and Duckduckgo search.
On an unrelated note I see they have a Twit and Farcebook presence. Nothing like helping build your own gallows.

Jesus Christ. This is huge for the online gun community. All the others are probably next. Hopefully nwfa is safe idk who they use for the website.

79D2D8BE-3FB8-4E4F-85E7-7C4EDFD11B9F.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't have any information about this aside from their notice on Facebook saying that GoDaddy shut them down. Seems they're back up on the normal domain now.

I guess I better start making arrangements in the event this happens to us...

. . . and thus the Divisiveness Continues. Very sad to see a company have a political knee-jerk reaction. I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but in 2021 nothing can surprise me.

George Orwell's 1984 being used as a blueprint. Buy some old encyclopedias now so you can teach your children real history before it's all scrubbed.

I've read this forum for quite a while and have been a member or arfcom and other firearm/gunsmith sites for some time. This widespread action is quite alarming and I sincerely hope this site has a back-up plan. This forum provides a wealth of information concerning our sport and hobby, without regards to politics, and would be sorely missed by many if unavailable. Arfcom is currently on back-up severs after being denied access to the primary servers by Go Daddy without notice. This, unfortunately, will most likely snowball by the denial of access to the back-up servers. This situation is rapidly evolving from a 2A issue to a 1A issue and I fear that it may not end there.

Any one else fell a little unsettled with this online purge?

Snipershide just came back online after being down for a while. They claimed to have been doing routine maintenance, on a Monday afternoon. I don't know why, but I just started humming that old song "Groovin'"

We don't have any information about this aside from their notice on Facebook saying that GoDaddy shut them down. Seems they're back up on the normal domain now.

I guess I better start making arrangements in the event this happens to us...
That's an understatement. The haters of liberty are in full attack mode. Unless action is taken, our Republic will be lost on Tuesday of next week to a cabal that stole the election. Biden and Congress have already sworn a full frontal assault on our 2A rights. Several bills have already been introduced into Congress.

Having this site go down is the least of our worries and but a symptom of things to come. If they can take the President down, they can go after anyone.

Here's what I suggested for the site I spend the most time on.

Make plans for a backup URL that's based on another server. ARFCOM went from Go Daddy to Epik Inc., who is based in Sammamish, WA. You might want to see if they're 2A friendly.

I see you're hosted on NameSilo. You might want to check with them to get their take on things.

If you simply forward your current URL, northwestfirearms.com, it'll be immediately tracked by the haters. Too easy to trace and threaten by the leftists. What you need is a completely independent URL that is fired up and hosted on a 2A friendly server. For example you could go to PNWFA.com, a more generic title that won't come up so easily in searches.

Next, you should download offsite the contact info you have for each and every member, email addresses etc., and store them on a USB stick or similar, with backups. If this site suddenly goes down without notice, you can still email each member to let them know where you've gone, including the URL of the new site.

Once you save all the data, PURGE IT FROM THIS SITE'S DATABASE. Do it daily. There's a report that each and every registered user of Parler has had their info stolen and will be doxxed by the left, mostly due to the fact that enhanced membership requires a photo of both sides of your driver's license. Those may all now be compromised. I've seen a detailed analysis of how they accomplished the hack.

I'd love to discuss more, but those discussions are always locked down here on NWF and that's why I simply stay away now. I only logged on here to see if the site was still running.

Hope that helps--

Good luck.

That's an understatement. The haters of liberty are in full attack mode. Unless action is taken, our Republic will be lost on Tuesday of next week to a cabal that stole the election. Biden and Congress have already sworn a full frontal assault on our 2A rights. Several bills have already been introduced into Congress.

Having this site go down is the least of our worries and but a symptom of things to come. If they can take the President down, they can go after anyone.

Here's what I suggested for the site I spend the most time on.

Make plans for a backup URL that's based on another server. ARFCOM went from Go Daddy to Epik Inc., who is based in Sammamish, WA. You might want to see if they're 2A friendly.

I see you're hosted on NameSilo. You might want to check with them to get their take on things.

If you simply forward your current URL, northwestfirearms.com, it'll be immediately tracked by the haters. Too easy to trace and threaten by the leftists. What you need is a completely independent URL that is fired up and hosted on a 2A friendly server. For example you could go to PNWFA.com, a more generic title that won't come up so easily in searches.

Next, you should download offsite the contact info you have for each and every member, email addresses etc., and store them on a USB stick or similar, with backups. If this site suddenly goes down without notice, you can still email each member to let them know where you've gone, including the URL of the new site.

Once you save all the data, PURGE IT FROM THIS SITE'S DATABASE. Do it daily. There's a report that each and every registered user of Parler has had their info stolen and will be doxxed by the left, mostly due to the fact that enhanced membership requires a photo of both sides of your driver's license. Those may all now be compromised. I've seen a detailed analysis of how they accomplished the hack.

I'd love to discuss more, but those discussions are always locked down here on NWF and that's why I simply stay away now. I only logged on here to see if the site was still running.

Hope that helps--

Good luck.
As a person familiar with web technologies, infrastructure and hosting, I agree with everything you just said. @Joe Link, this is great advice.

Last Edited:
Mods feel free to move this if needed but everyone needs to see it.
Godaddy just pulled the plug on AR15.com. No warning, just an ideological digital rage kill.
@Joe Link , we all trust that you have a plan B as it's likely that NWFA is in the crosshairs while sites like liberal GC, etc might dodge such a political tactic.

What I suggest to NWFA members is to contact those you want to on the forum now and exchange offline contact info. Do it NOW, as the plug could be pulled tomorrow.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top