JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, Ill still use it for some loading ...

I put in some work last week and got some extra cash... I had to get myself a Christmas present too.

Picked up the Lee Classic 4-hole Turret Press. Primer feeder and the Auto-Disk powder measure and an extra turret for about $180 with tax and shipping.

Hopefully it speeds up my loading. Ive got 4 handgun calibers to feed now!

Anyone else running this setup?
Any pointers, advice?

Congrats on the new press and all the time you will save loading pistol. All I've used one primarily for pistol cartidges but also 556. Be patient as you get the feel of it and learn how to make adjustments. I have loaded at speeds over 300 rnds per hr but speed is not my focus. I highly recommend using the Lee factory finish die in the 4th hole. If you enjoy it as much as I you will add die plates and even more auto powder measures for very fast cartridge conversions.
Hope this helps...holler if you get hung up on something....Enjoy

Still debating the "upgrade" myself. A little while back, I thought I'd made the decision to get a Dillon, but in doing more research, I stumbled into some info on turret presses, specifically the Redding T-7, and really felt this was more my style. Will probably go there someday, but for now, my Rockchucker continues to churn out what I need. I converted mine to use the Hornady LNL bushings, so die and caliber changes are pretty much a no brainer, about the only thing I need to adjust is the seating die if/when I change bullets.

Speaking of Hornady, their powder measure is the bomb, mine is so consistent it's scary. I've been loading a bunch of test loads lately, weighing every charge, once I get that measure set, it might as well be locked in, variation is well under half a tenth. It's nice to know I can rely on it when I start loading quantities of the same load. Later.

Dave

I love the versatility and ease of use on the classic turret. It's not a super fast machine but it pumps out some decent rounds if you do your part. I also have the pro1000 progressive, and the classic turret is a winner for me hands down.

Edit:

Do yourself a favor and pick up some extra die holders/turrets. One for each caliber makes changing changing from one to another a 30 second affair.

Congrats!!! I started off with an RCBS RS and after a year of getting into the groove I too went with the Lee turret setup for 40S&W and a Lee Pro1000 for 223/5.56.

I want to step even further with a Dillon but that will have to wait.;)

Im putting off reloading until it arrives... Ive got all my brass ready and everything prepped... I keep telling myself to just go do it on the single....... I dont think my turret set up will be rolling until after Christmas.

I finally got into the private range which is 5 min from my house, Im looking to get blisters on my trigger finger.. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top