JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And last but not least Herb Parsons 'The Showman Shooter' stood next to Jimmy in the street and actually shot the coins thrown in the air at the shooting contest.

For anyone interested in watching Herb Parsons shoot, I have DVDs I had made from an original Winchester/Western 16mm promo movie from about 1962. The first few minutes are typical cheesy '50s-60s schlock, but once Herb starts shooting it is pretty amazing. About 25 minutes as I recall. They cost me $4 to have made, PM me if you are interested in one.

Just as a side note. Jimmy Stewart rode the same horse for over 22 years.
Here is an article describing the horse he rode in all of his western films.

2r1.jpg

Jimmy Stewart (about Pie): "The horse was amazing. I rode him for 22 years. I never was able to buy him because he was owned by a little girl by the name of Stevie Myers, who is the daughter of an old wrangler who used to wrangle horses for Tom Mix and W.S. Hart. He retired and he gave this horse to her. He was a sort of a maverick. He hurt a couple of people. I saw him when I started making Westerns. Audie Murphy rode him a couple of times. He nearly killed Glen Ford, ran right into a tree… But I liked this darned little horse. He was a little bit small, a little quarter horse and Arabian. I got to know him like a friend. I actually believed that he understood about making pictures. I ran at a full gallop, straight towards the camera, pulled him up and then did a lot of dialogue and he stood absolutely still. He never moved. He knew when the camera would start rolling and when they did the slates. He knew that because his ears came up."

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top