JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All plans to build an AR15 in 22 just left the building.

Unless this is ungodly expensive, I'm getting one.

1577720934949.jpeg

I read the title and for a second thought this was an AR in .22 WMR.

Sigh.

:(
Keep waiting, it might happen!

I knew eventually someone would make an AR that uses 10-22 mags.

Just takes time.

Shot show must be doing a lot of 22lr this year... Sorry Kruel!

If they make a threaded barrel for this, I can see it replacing the Beretta for Pocket Gun Host.

Pretty neat! It looks like it will have a msrp of $650. I am pretty invested in the dedicated 22 upper and have lots of black dog mags which work well. I would like a pistol brace version, but at this point I would probably just buy a pistol barrel from cmmg and put it on my dedicated upper. Many options for bracing a ruger charger these days as well.

My other complaint. The way the handguard extends might make it hard to thread on a suppresor.

Yeah, I noticed that. Upon closer inspection what exactly makes this an "AR"? It kinda looks like one, sorta. But other than that I don't see even any parts that would swap. Well, besides the buffer tube assembly.

It's a "scary looking" .22lr. Ruger already did something similar with one of their 10/22 offerings a while back.

What gives this thing any advantage or makes it so desirable? The looks? It being a pistol? My thoughts on .22lr notwithstanding I guess I don't get the excitement.

Ok, cheese and rice.

Non AR / AR looking /scary looking / more ergonomic/ gun that takes 10/22 mages / possibly poorly designed rail that may hinder threading silencer.

Better?

Ok, cheese and rice.

Non AR / AR looking /scary looking / more ergonomic/ gun that takes 10/22 mages / possibly poorly designed rail that may hinder threading silencer.

Better?

No. I wasn't looking to argue, I was asking to get feedback on why this is so exciting. Since I don't care about "scary looks" I take it just better ergos than a 10/22?

No. I wasn't looking to argue, I was asking to get feedback on why this is so exciting. Since I don't care about "scary looks" I take it just better ergos than a 10/22?
Not arguing just joking around.

10/22s have tried to fit into chassis's or whatnot to get that ergonomic liking of an AR15. Nothing works well trying to put a 10/22 receiver into those.

Essentially this is a AR15, to me, in 22lr that takes one of the better reliable 22lr mags available. The BX25, at least for me, are very reliable 22lr higher capacity mags.

This would be a very similar to AR15, in ergonomics and controls, but with a magazine I have many of.

For folks that have a 10/22 but love shooting ARs for the ergonomics this is a perfect hybrid in my opinion.

Not arguing just joking around.

10/22s have tried to fit into chassis's or whatnot to get that ergonomic liking of an AR15. Nothing works well trying to put a 10/22 receiver into those.

Essentially this is a AR15, to me, in 22lr that takes one of the better reliable 22lr mags available. The BX25, at least for me, are very reliable 22lr higher capacity mags.

This would be a very similar to AR15, in ergonomics and controls, but with a magazine I have many of.

For folks that have a 10/22 but love shooting ARs for the ergonomics this is a perfect hybrid in my opinion.

That makes sense.

Ironically while discussing UK guns with @tac in another thread, I came across a UK made 22wmr AR15.

Manufacturer is called Guncraft.

I don't think they are exported to the states though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top