JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what this does that our 10/22 with BX-25 magazines and a silencer doesn't do just as well. But each their own. :)
Ya, seems like some 10/22s just don't like the BX25. I was practically gifted a bunch from a member here, they gave him hell. Same mags in mine did fine???

Ya, seems like some 10/22s just don't like the BX25. I was practically gifted a bunch from a member here, they gave him hell. Same mags in mine did fine???

Huh, wasn't aware of that. They run great in ours. It is to the point, I don't bother with aftermarket ones any more because the functionality is all over the place, while I know the BX-25s work.

At the price I probably won't be interested unless it takes AR or 10/22 accessories.

This is a pistol with a brace and it weighs 3.25#, but I already have a 10/22 rifle that is that light and has a longer barrel.

I can see the value of having a firearm in .22 rimfire that mimics the operation of a self-defense weapon, but at the given cost not sure it is worth it. A dedicated .22 upper or conversion would be less expensive - even a dedicated AR rifle would be less expensive.

Not sure what this does that our 10/22 with BX-25 magazines and a silencer doesn't do just as well. But each their own. :)
I'm happy with one that looks like an M1... but I do wish it was in 22 magnum!
Still looks like a cool little AR pistol, I'm sure the GF would approve. She only likes "scifi-looking" guns and "ridiculously huge magnums"...

Ah, I just checked out the details on the Gun Mart review - and maybe found out a few reasons why it might not be selling in the US of A any time soon.

It's a little matter of dealerships, distributions and sheer numbers needed to satisfy a US market, which, if my chat with that nice lady at Ruger a few years back are anything to go by, might entail making upwards of 10,000 units a year of each type.

Just not feasible here in UK. [no 'y' this time, see?]

There is also the little matter of the $2200 price..........although no doubt many of you will see that as a a pocket change bargain.

Not here it ain't.

Ah, I just checked out the details on the Gun Mart review - and maybe found out a few reasons why it might not be selling in the US of A any time soon.

It's a little matter of dealerships, distributions and sheer numbers needed to satisfy a US market, which, if my chat with that nice lady at Ruger a few years back are anything to go by, might entail making upwards of 10,000 units a year of each type.

There is also the little matter of the $2200 price..........although no doubt many of you will see that as a a pocket change bargain.

Not here it ain't.
Over here... $2200 practically gets you a mil-spec HK MP5 that is semi auto...
Pocket change to some, but almost certainly better spent to most...

Not here it ain't.
Selling them outright to the US might not be the best option. Selling the design or leasing the design to a company here could be a great way to get it over here. I'd imagine there is a market for them here.

Reno, I find it hard to grasp why the present crop of US manufacturers of AR-style uppers haven't made it already.

Here in UK there is, surprisingly, a reasonable market, in spite of the fact that it cannot be fired on ANY .22 LR rimfire range. See, our ranges here for that calibre are restricted to 1500 fps, and this baby is faster. However, it will be a shoo-in as a foxing round that is cheaper than the .17HMR. Mind you, here you can buy a nice CZ for .17 HMR for less than $600.

Reno, I find it hard to grasp why the present crop of US manufacturers of AR-style uppers haven't made it already.

Here in UK there is, surprisingly, a reasonable market, in spite of the fact that it cannot be fired on ANY .22 LR rimfire range. See, our ranges here for that calibre are restricted to 1500 fps, and this baby is faster. However, it will be a shoo-in as a foxing round that is cheaper than the .17HMR. Mind you, here you can buy a nice CZ for .17 HMR for less than $600.
You and me both. With the endless calibers, I'm learning of new ones daily, the AR has been chambered in. I'm shocked the bigger Rimfire calibers haven't been adopted yet.

I'm happy with one that looks like an M1... but I do wish it was in 22 magnum!

They did make the 10/22 in .22 WMR for a short spell in the late 90s, but they were discontinued. I vaguely recall seeing one in Northern Californication in that era. So, you might be able to find a used one.

I'd find a 10/32 in .32 ACP neat-o, but that ain't ever happening. Oh well.

Last Edited:
Here in UK without the 'y', the laws are about as wacky as you can possibly imagine - a bit like living in Alice's wonderland, where you wonder what the **** they are going to think of next.

Semi-auto .22LR?

Yup, no problemo.

Semi-auto .22 WMR?

Again, no problemo.

Semi- auto .17HMR?

Uh, no. See, here, because of the lunatic velocity from this little round, the PTB have classed it as a 'centre-fire', and as most of you know, semi-auto centrefire rifles and carbines are prohibited in the entire UK without the 'y'.

They did make the 10/22 in .22 WMR for a short spell in the late 90s, but they were discontinued. I vaguely recall seeing on in Northern Californication in that era. So, you might be able to find a used one.

I'd find a 10/32 in .32 ACP neat-o, but that ain't ever happening. Oh well.
Most try and typically fail. Case ruptures are what plague 22wmr and 17hmr in semis.

Savagem thus far that I know of, is the only one that has a solid delayed blowback to prevent this.

There are still others, direct blowback. Like Volquartsen. However, they still have an occasional case blow out.

Yup, and Krico made a semi-auto rifle in .22WMR, too.

Same deal with the ruptured cases, including the one that I shot, thankishly wearing safety glasses at the time.

Getting a faceful of hot flames and expanding gas filled with brass particles seemed to be a mite unpopular with people...and I can see where they are coming from.

At the price I probably won't be interested unless it takes AR or 10/22 accessories.

This is a pistol with a brace and it weighs 3.25#, but I already have a 10/22 rifle that is that light and has a longer barrel.

I can see the value of having a firearm in .22 rimfire that mimics the operation of a self-defense weapon, but at the given cost not sure it is worth it. A dedicated .22 upper or conversion would be less expensive - even a dedicated AR rifle would be less expensive.
Assuming the street price is around $550 for the pof you would be hard pressed to do a dedicated upper for much less. By the time you buy a cmmg upper with a couple mags and add some parts to make it run more reliably you would be in the upper for almost $600. Now if you shop sales and piece it together you probable could put one together for a bit less. Not trying to talk anyone out of the dedicated upper route though, as mine has been fantastic in reliability and accuracy both. It did take some tinkering to get it there however.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top