JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been watching this guys videos lately and am fairly impressed with his attitude and no BS presentation.

He is an Aussie with a foul mouth (not a lot but I know some of use is sensitive) and tells it how he sees it.

Works very well with my fighting style preferences but may not be for everyone.

Anything with him doing anything other than talking?
I just watched a "navy seal" who had been asked what MA was best for SD on the streets. His answer was buy a gun and train with it. Much better than MA. Then BBJ was next because you learn to control the situation better
But I'm too old to fight or scrap so I'll use an equalizer of some kind

I just watched a "navy seal" who had been asked what MA was best for SD on the streets. His answer was buy a gun and train with it. Much better than MA. Then BBJ was next because you learn to control the situation better
th?id=OIP.M90e0357c01a0c61279b14fa7de96664bo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=271&h=153.jpg
:rolleyes:

He has multiple dojo's around the world and teaches classes. His youtube channel has a lot of videos.

I just like the no BS style instead of you have to do this this and this to win. He seems to focus more on being fluid, threat assessing and dealing with the situation instead of assessing and reacting to it.

Wish he had a dojo in Portland.

I learned Judo overseas and Karate in the states but most of that is heavily based on defense and not offense until you make it fairly high in the ranks.

I'm getting older but I'm still big enough to toss some elbows and knees with good effect. The fights I've been in would have ended a lot faster if I had this guy teaching me. As long as I don't have to pull a knife or gun then I will avoid it.

Maybe my like of Australia biases me but I think the accent and free use of F and C bombs is refreshing after watching lots of other "professional tough guys" I see advertising fighting classes.

Seals are trained to kill with weapons and nothing against them but hand to hand combat is a backup for them, not their focus nor ideal for war. One of my best friends uncle is a retired Seal Trainer and has shared some stories that he is allowed too. Most are about the training and little to nothing about his missions he was deployed on. (Guys hallucinating and rowing around 'pot holes' in a lake after 7 days awake was one of my favorites)

As far as MMA goes, it's specific to cage fighting with rules and isn't suitable for use on the street IMO.

Im all about throat punches and 9mm.
Oh Frank. Way back when.
He was a big Japanese mixed instructor in Tacoma. He help bounce at the place I frequented. Powerful guy.
Anyway,it was during the "So you think you're tough ?" fights and this guy was as big as Frank,poking Frank in the chest. All the time I'm thinking they are going to destroy the place
Frank was thinking the same so he let it play out,kinda rubbing his moustash.
He said it's the perfect place to get a good throat punch
So the guy got done saying he was going to kick everyone's a$$ and win the tournament and drifted off.

Reminds me of the scene in raiders of the lost ark when the dude is flipping his sword all around looking crazy and everyone thought they were about to watch a big fight. Then Indiana just shoots the bastard.

I'm a big fan of Brave Sir Robin's battle plan : RUN AWAY! LOL
Well actually there is something to be said for breaking contact.
Or avoiding contact all together.
I know what , where , when and how to hit , grab , stomp ,poke ,bite , twist , pull, throw etc...
We were taught a whole slew of dirty tricks in the various schools I went to in the Army.
And one can always learn more and better ways to undo one's fellow man.
But I prefer not to go there , if I don't have to.
I do like a "no nonsense" approach to self-defense.
Andy

Old farmer's advice
Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered ...not yelled.
Meanness don't just happen overnight.
Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
Most of the stuff people worry about, ain't never gonna happen anyway.
Don 't judge folks by their relatives.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good and honorable life, then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Old farmer's advice
Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
Words that soak into your ears are whispered ...not yelled.
Meanness don't just happen overnight.
Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
You cannot unsay a cruel word.
Every path has a few puddles.
When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
The best sermons are lived, not preached.
Most of the stuff people worry about, ain't never gonna happen anyway.
Don 't judge folks by their relatives.
Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
Live a good and honorable life, then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.
Always drink upstream from the herd.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.
If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God.
Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

That's going to be an expensive tattoo

The best fighting style is not getting in one.
Throw the guy or girl a knife then shoot them.

If I was going to train is some kind of fighting style it would be Krav Maga. It's a no BS, stop the threat and get away style.

Other than that, situational awareness. Stay away from trouble and places trouble may hang out.

I'm not only too old, I'm too lazy:p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews