Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FICS denial reports for August

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by bolus, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

65!!!! 65!!!!

Hahahahaha

Brutus57, v0lcom13sn0w and 308 like this.
  3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Wonder how many guns were sold by FFL in total for August?

v0lcom13sn0w likes this.
  4. bolus

its the first graph in the report ~18000 up from ~16000 last month. no change in denial rates.

5. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow, that's something. Way to go Oregon. 65 person to person sales, and a LOWER denial rate than regular FFL sales? Does that mean that maybe FTF sales do an even better job at sniffing out the bad guys?

I would agree, there are likely a much larger number of folks that have chosen not to comply. I seriously doubt only 65 transactions were conducted in August. That's funny stuff right there.

It will be interesting to see September's numbers. Since I did do an FFL transfer on a private sale, I'll be one of those numbers. I wonder if it will be more than 65?

Joe Link and Dyjital like this.
  6. blackadder

blackadder Everett Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just a guess here but I know some FFLs take the firearm on their books, then do the sale, so theoretically could be up by ~2065. Not likely that 2000 transactions go through that process, but it could at least partially account for the lower number.

7. bolus

on the FICS website, the FFL designates it a person to person transfer. So this should be capturing the ones happening at dealers (since they all have to go to a dealer)

8. blackadder

Agreed that it should, but I have heard of dealers who claim they have to take the firearm on their books, then they sell it as one of theirs. Maybe just internet rumor...

9. Just Jim

Yep guess they probably are losing money by this new law. Guys that used to call in when selling a gun at the gun show either are not selling or are not calling in the sale. Commerce will set the stage and it will cost a great deal to run something that doesn't work. Fugging democrats:D:D

Brutus57, Slobray, RLS and 3 others like this.
  10. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

Of course you realize that the Anti-gun fools will look at that number as a HUGE success. To them it means that there were really only 65 actual person to person transfers...
    ....down from the bajillions every month the before the law took effect.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Brutus57, Joe Link, 45alive and 2 others like this.
  11. Just Jim

Ya they love to spin numbers:D:D Deal is all those guys who sold legaly at the gun shows by calling in a person to person sale either are not selling or not calling in. My bet is the state is losing a lot of money because no calls are comming in and $10 per call isn't being collected. Boycott oregon....:D

12. etrain16

Maybe once we demonstrate that SB941 is doing nothing but pushing FTF gun sales into the shadows, the same open-minded, forward-thinking Oregon voters and politicians that just brought marijuana sales "out of the shadows" to make it legal, will do the same with gun sales? Makes sense right? We didn't have the resources to track down and deal with the minor crime of buying/selling pot, so since there is virtually no income coming into the state from thousands upon thousands of private sales, it would only fit with their reasoning that we should in fact legalize private sales. If the logic worked for them then, might as well work for us now ;)

Slobray and Dyjital like this.
  13. blackadder

You are assuming they can accept logic when it comes to guns.

41Slinger, Joe Link, Slobray and 3 others like this.
  14. etrain16

Shhhh - we don't have to tell them it's "logic"

41Slinger, Slobray, 45alive and 3 others like this.
  15. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

This law is working like a Football Bat.

:s0140:

16. Just Jim

:s0140: You want to make a conservative mad then lie to him.

You want to make a liberal mad then tell them the truth, sb941 isn't working.

Chee-to, RLS, Slobray and 5 others like this.
  17. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

We all know it is a dog & pony show. I'm just glad I got rid of all my guns prior to the commie take-over. Talked to my representative and she said it was the worst most horrible session of her career and she has been there for awhile.

18. Qaolin

Qaolin 1 A.U. from a G2 near Beaverton Old Army Cook Silver Supporter

Doesn't make me mad. You've got to try harder than that.:D It's the iceberg theory; 90% of ftf sales were not tracked and, as we said, there is no way to enforce this. Next stop (I'm putting on my Karnak hat) is sting operations.

19. etrain16

Perhaps. but how are they going to fund it? They claimed over and over and over during the session that they couldn't spare any additional money for this program, they were relying on revenue from SB941 to pay for the extra officers they wanted to enforce it.

But that said, I wouldn't put it past them. But honestly, who would be foolish enough to do a deal outside of an FFL with someone they didn't already know? I guess we'll find out if they ever do get a hold of someone to prosecute. No doubt they'll make a public spectacle of the whole thing. But even that probably won't stop folks. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of private sales happening every month between OR and WA alone. And I would say thousands is more likely, just based on all the ads you can see both here and on AL alone. There are a lot more open and then closed ads than the 65 reported by FICS.

20. Just Jim

Keep watching, there is going to be a paper trail on all guns sold after Aug 9. If paperwork is done they can track you in the future and you will have to answer for the disposition of the gun if they ask or if it goes through paperwork again.:D

Dyjital likes this.