JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank you Dan........how can I help?
Like awshoot did, sort of... Take what I started, add,remove, re-write, repost the amended document. Offer contributions/suggestions for change. I'll take his thoughts, copy/paste into my document and try to figure out how to implement his suggestions. I KNOW there's a way to collaborate docs like this online but I've long forgot how/what/where I did it.

What I see is really needed is a way to pass a Word (or something) document around so changes are highlighted so ideas can be merged/fine tuned into the document and it gets peer review for needed issues covered. I can convert pdf docs into/out of Word or PDF but not everyone can. There's the damper here because we can't upload Word docs. I'm open to ideas/suggestions.

IF we had a single doc that most, if not all of us,would back as a bill, we could send it to our different legislators all over the state requesting they submit it to make it a law. Rather a convoluted affair to do it but they can if they want. Timing is an issue with their screwball rules & regulations.

I know a lot us write/call/contribute time/money/etc but what I'm not seeing is this great community being proactive and writing bills we can support to help stop the cr*p that's getting stuck places we don't like. Tim Eyeman is doing a lot of writing and whether or not you agree with his ideas at times, he's on the right path to make changes. That's where I'd envision this NWF group headed. IF we can convince our collective legislators to introduce a bill, then we don't have to incur the $$ (see below) to make change. If it gets introduced and then shot down, there's always
  1. file with SOS Wyman and pay filing fee
  2. fight Turd Ferguson over ballot title/synopsis in court
  3. print petitions
  4. gather signatures 345,000?
  5. submit petitions
  6. fight SOS Wyman/Turd Ferguson for saying ballots aren't sufficient
  7. petition gets on ballot
  8. hope the voters haven't gotten any du.b.r then they already seem to be
Anyway..that's my .02 worth. Now I have to go work on awshoots ideas. :D
I forgot this... when contributing anything, be sure to look at this from the other side and see if anything would hamper you for something you want passed.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, change Sec 3(8) to "Driver's license or identification card." Lots of non-drivers out there... I'm one of 'em.

Sec 5 change:
Any Washington State legally registered voter and resident of
Washington State, creating an initiative for submission to the
State per chapter 29A.72 RCW, must be created by any of the
following;

I'd like a clause re @deckert 's draft initiative where any official putting an initiative on the ballot that's non-compliant with the requirements is to be *immediately* removed from office...

Good luck getting F***-Face Ferg, Butt-Banger of Little Boys recalled... the way he acts, I'm convinced he was involved in one of those Jesuit Catholic school scandals, and not just on the receiving side.

I'd like a clause re @deckert 's draft initiative where any official putting an initiative on the ballot that's non-compliant with the requirements is to be *immediately* removed from office...
Unfortunately for the entire State, a recall is a whole different horse. Been there done that and it's a HUGE PITA and they use YOUR tax dollars to fight you. I lost the battle but won the war on my recall I took to the State Supreme Court because the person I went after was voted out by 99.8%. I did it with NO LEGAL help but ..wow! It's consuming..

You also need a Penalties Clause, and hard criteria so that Boot-My-Face Bob can't do another "it's kosher because I SAY it's kosher" and lean on Worthless Wyman again.
We have to keep it sensible else it'll get booted out for being whatever by the wussies. I suggested one time many years ago that my elected official pass a law that any elected official be hung on the nearest light pole by any group of 5 people that heard the elected official tell a lie ...The Representative was not happy.

This is a draft, needs work, fine tuning and input from others.

Dan

Attachments

• initiative rewrite.pdf
    28.5 KB · Views: 104
I recorded the news last night, and Ferguson was saying "it is the law of the land until overturned by a court"

Ferguson what about the drug and immigration laws that you ignore and tell the police departments to ignore?

I recorded the news last night, and Ferguson was saying "it is the law of the land until overturned by a court"

Ferguson what about the drug and immigration laws that you ignore and tell the police departments to ignore?
My understanding is that States are not required to enforce Federal laws but jurisdictions with in a State are required to enforce State law in some fashion. Sucks but I think sheriffs can figure out ways around it.

This is part of a statement from the Washington State Sheriffs Assc:
As with many other laws, the application of Initiative 1639 will undoubtedly vary from county to county across the State, based on local priorities and resources available.

I think this means that some county's can use the argument that they don't have the resources to enforce I-1639. Many rural Sheriffs across the country are running on shoestring budgets and couldn't enforce I-1639 if they wanted too. If the State wants it enforced and then they should do it.

Last Edited:
My understanding is that States are not required to enforce Federal laws but jurisdictions with in a State are required to enforce State law in some fashion. Sucks but I think sheriffs can figure out ways around it.
Under the 10th Amendment, elected sheriffs can do a LOT of things for or against federal authority... they can (and have) stripped feds of of authority and removed them from their jurisdiction and there ain't a dam thing the Feebies can do about it.

It's what makes a situation like Malheur county, Ruby Ridge, or Waco so terribly tragic and disappointing... the sheriff could have refused the feds but instead invited the vampire across the threshold with predictably HORRIBLE results.

Under the 10th Amendment, elected sheriffs can do a LOT of things for or against federal authority... they can (and have) stripped feds of of authority and removed them from their jurisdiction and there ain't a dam thing the Feebies can do about it.

It's what makes a situation like Malheur county, Ruby Ridge, or Waco so terribly tragic and disappointing... the sheriff could have refused the feds but instead invited the vampire across the threshold with predictably HORRIBLE results.
The problem lies with whether or not they can ignore enforcing State laws. I read somewhere they can't legally but I can't find the info again. But I do know they have ignored enforcing State laws for budgetary reasons.

He testifies against himself! He swore to uphold the constitution, then threatens those who do. You know, I think in the old Title 9 of Washington State Law, there is a statute entitled "False swearing" - but who would prosecute?

I call him Turd Ferguson because well you know...
And he neither wears a funny hat, nor is he anywhere near as entertaining as Burt Reynolds (R.I.P).

I honestly think that they are trying to wear down the "NRA-Constitution-Tea party-Fox News" bunch (the view from their ivory tower) with their incessant introductions of patently unconstitutional laws - funded by out of state billionaries, and which address exactly zero local crime problems. Oh sure, they had a mass shooting here, a school shooting there, but what does that have to do with Washington State? Or the fact that criminal intent does not have its genesis in the mere possession of an inanimate object.

Or, does it...???

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads