JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If we're trying to save lives, I'd prefer the law required you keep your cellphone in the trunk, with it's charged battery removed.....and your pistol on the seat beside you, and with a loaded mag inserted.
Polite and courteous drivers are safer drivers.

If we're trying to save lives, I'd prefer the law required you keep your cellphone in the trunk, with it's charged battery removed.....and your pistol on the seat beside you, and with a loaded mag inserted.
Polite and courteous drivers are safer drivers.

And no extended capacity batteries either ;)

Just another way for them to strip your rights...

Technically driving isn't a right. It's a privilege. The 2A is a right.

My guess is this is just a crazy opening salvo and it will get kicked back and forth until it ultimately gets negotiated down to some misdemeanor or civil penalty. That's just politics.

I drive dump truck I drive in town a LOT I can tell you this has no chance of changing behavior. If the courts are over loaded now and the Jails and Prison full now. And the money for enforcement used up NOW. How on earth will they figure out how to lock up 1 in 6 drivers like I see playing with their phones.

And will texting be the only thing or will searching the net or playing some stupid game also be included?

Technically driving isn't a right. It's a privilege. The 2A is a right.

My guess is this is just a crazy opening salvo and it will get kicked back and forth until it ultimately gets negotiated down to some misdemeanor or civil penalty. That's just politics.

Don't care about driving as a privilege... I was thinking how... get this: Felons cannot possess firearms.

Turn everyone into a felon and you have a legally disarmed nation.

I cannot care less about the fines. I use Siri and when she isn't being a raging hormonal craphole she works really well.

Siri: read me messages..
Siri: send message to Parsons12B "your are a cool cat..."
or
Siri: send message to MountianBear "can I have your passcodes?"
:)

Why does everything have to be a felony?

And, if you have a firearm with you, then it's Felony while in Possession and .....

How would you keep evil Barney from pulling you over, running a scan on one of those NSA Swordfish devices, determine TXT / SMS coming from your vehicle (car updates themselves, Swordfish is in cruiser (Explorer) ) and nailing you for some automation? Can't happen? Paranoid? Felony!?

Don't care about driving as a privilege... I was thinking how... get this: Felons cannot possess firearms.

Turn everyone into a felon and you have a legally disarmed nation.

I cannot care less about the fines. I use Siri and when she isn't being a raging hormonal craphole she works really well.

Siri: read me messages..
Siri: send message to Parsons12B "your are a cool cat..."
or
Siri: send message to MountianBear "can I have your passcodes?"
:)

Just wait - this is where Siri is going eventually:

Why does everything have to be a felony?

And, if you have a firearm with you, then it's Felony while in Possession and .....

How would you keep evil Barney from pulling you over, running a scan on one of those NSA Swordfish devices, determine TXT / SMS coming from your vehicle (car updates themselves, Swordfish is in cruiser (Explorer) ) and nailing you for some automation? Can't happen? Paranoid? Felony!?

Take it even further - if owning an AR rifle lower and a short barrel/pistol upper can be considered constructive intent with regard to the BATF and can lead to a felony conviction, then they should assume if you have a cell phone in your car, that's enough for "intent to text" and they should go ahead and arrest you on the spot.

When you take these ridiculous laws to their logical conclusions, you can see just how ill thought out they are.

Texting laws are causing more accidents. Prior to them, people would hold their phone at the top of the steering wheel while texting. They still at least had most if not all of their visual cues. Their heads were up and looking ahead. Since the texting bans came into effect, you now have people trying to be sneaky to text so they keep their phones low and out of sight. So now their heads have to be down and away from the road, losing precisious reaction time and several seconds of general awareness. This is a shining example of laws being made for the sake of making more laws.

So that I understand according to some an individual should be able to text and drive? People actually think this a good idea.

So that I understand according to some an individual should be able to text and drive? People actually think this a good idea.
Sounds like people are saying that we already have distracted driving laws on the books. Saying that we need an additional law is blatantly blowing your own horn and saying "look at me, I care". It's just another political stunt. Same crap that they are pulling with gun control. It's giving the appearance of doing something positive when it means absolutely nothing.

Making it a felony is just wrong. And how are they going to prove it? Search my phone without consent? What's next?

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top