JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a question about a juvenile and a felony. Does that stick with him or will that be sealed at 18, he is 14 now.

Right now nothing has happen, hasn't even be to court yet. So it may come out to be much less when it is done.

But I was just wondering. He was doing so good, then started to hang with a bad crowd.

Depends on what kind of felony it is for, I haven't taken the Juvenile Justice class, but I think if its nothing too serious, like one of the lower felonies, it can be expunged from his record. Hopefully its not a violent felony, and he isn't or won't be a repeat offender. Don't want to get called a menace to society by the judge, that would be a bad sign.

A lot of the lower felonies can be knocked down to misdemeanors if they aren't too serious and this is his first offense.

I wish him luck in his trip through the Juvenile Justice system, never went through it myself, but when I got the DWI it was definitely an interesting experience, albeit expensive.

Yes this will be the first. I believe they are going for aggravated assault, he put another school kid in a head lock after the kid tried to taking something from him, but the bad part was he had a closed knife in his hand at school.

Not good.

Yes this will be the first. I believe they are going for aggravated assault, he put another school kid in a head lock after the kid tried to taking something from him, but the bad part was he had a closed knife in his hand at school.

Not good.
My advice is get a lawyer and skip the court appointed attorneys if you haven't already done that. The problem with getting this expunged is that the knife already violates both federal and state laws, and there is no guarantee that more government overreaching won't occur in the next few years. Since Obama will likely be re-elected, and there doesn't appear to be a slowdown of school shootings, my money is on more laws being made to compliment the ones that already don't work or are overreaching in nature.

The good news is that most judges will go out of their way to avoid making a juvenile a felon since the juvenile system in this state is already overloaded with gangbangers and drug cases.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top