JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
We are the Soviet Union, circa 1988, but much less prepared to cope with a collapse.

with the following reply:

We are nothing even remotely like the Soviet Union, or ever have been. Our grocery stores throw out more food that spoils on the shelves in a single day, than the Soviet Union had to sell in a month of Sundays. Where in this country do people line up to stand out in the freezing cold to be able to purchase a loaf of bread and a quart of milk? It's avaliable everywhere 24/7 at good prices. All you want, all the time

Senile fool, learn to read your own drivel. You should see a doctor for your apparent Alzheimer's affliction.

I think it's been changed to Morons who think we're starving in this country.

No, I think it's been changed to"(Moron from Arizona stirs up the local's)" :s0112:

I'll get it back on track here.....

I think that if a person is released from jail after committing a felony, his rights should be restored. If you don't restore their right's, they are still being punished. If they are to still be punished, they should still be in jail. Some people should never get out of jail and therefore never get there rights back.

If we want a person to become a regular productive member of society after their release,there should be more incentive than the threat of going back to prison if they don't. IF A PERSON HAS NO WAY TO RETURN TO A REGULAR LIFE,THEY WON'T! I think it is a huge handicap to place on someone we expect to now stay out of trouble and get their act together.
If they've paid their debt, let them try and start over!

I also think if you don't restore a person's right's after they have paid their dues for what ever they did, then it really isn't a right but rather was a privilege by definition.

There is no language in the Second Amendment that says anything about felon's being prohibited from the right.

I think that recaps the pro restore rights argument. Someone else chime in on why we shouldn't restore their rights.:s0155:

Yeah but there's a reason why we amend the Constitution, to make sure it stays valid with the era.

I don't think it's black and white, meaning completely restoring or wholesale denial. What about violent felons? A serial rapist? A career armed robber? If we could've prevented those who would do harm do we just wait for negative consequences?

There are gray areas.

Yeah but there's a reason why we amend the Constitution, to make sure it stays valid with the era.

I don't think it's black and white, meaning completely restoring or wholesale denial. What about violent felons? A serial rapist? A career armed robber? If we could've prevented those who would do harm do we just wait for negative consequences?

There are gray areas.

Of course there are gray area's. I don't think violent felons can be kept from getting guns through legal exclusion.
I also don't think child molesters should roam free. I don't think people without driver's licenses should be able to buy cars either.
And as far as a serial rapist...maybe he should have his weapon taken away forever?

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads