JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Copied from another forum

Okay just as an illustration of how worthless Washington State gun laws are let me share with you a little story.
In June 2018 my friend Jessica kicked her cheating husband out of the house
. When the husband left he proceeded to steal Jessica's 9 mm handgun which is registered in Jessica's name. This promoted Jessica to report the gun stolen to the Washington State Police and to Battleground PD and the Clark County sheriff's department. All of the agencies referred her to other agencies before Battle Ground PD was willing to make an informational only report. The soon to be ex-husband is known for being mentally unstable, suicidal, on medication for his mental instability and is a known member of a criminal organization ( biker gang ).
Now in the months following her kicking him out, Jessica filed for divorce and notified the court of the stolen firearm and requested a full-blown restraining order. Only after committing a felony offense against her and after many attempts was the protection order granted against the soon-to-be ex-husband.
After the felony conviction, Jessica immediately reported to the Washington State Police Battle ground PD and the Clark county sheriff's department that he was now a felon in possession of a stolen firearm. Nobody seemed concerned but which they came out they took a report and said they couldn't do anything.
Now many months go by and they are finalizing their divorce and her soon-to-be ex-husband admits in open Court as to being in possession of not just one, but several firearms, including the one that he admittedly stole from Jessica, as well as being a felon in possession of a firearm and a member of a known criminal organization ( biker gang ). Again the court does nothing to ensure Jessica's safety or to put an end to these issues, but instead they Grant him visitation with their children , requiring her to break the 1000 foot restraining / protective order against him each time Jessica has to transfer the kids. The court showed no concern for the safety of Jessica or her children but regarded this felon's rights as more important.
At this point Jessica was distraught and took this court document to the sheriff's department. Once again they say that there's nothing they can do. The state police say that there's nothing they can do and battleground Police department say there is nothing they can do.
So now here we are 6 months later and Jessica is still trying to get some semblance of justice. The firearm was ordered to be returned to them in her divorce and she is still attempting to get her firearm back. Now the ex-husband openly admits in court again that he illegally transferred the stolen firearm to another individual without doing a background check, violating Washington's strict gun laws at a minimum.
All this is done in violation of four separate court orders to return the firearm to Jessica via the Clark county sheriff's department..
For over a year now this abusive criminal piece of garbage has been running around with a stolen firearm and every law enforcement agency in the the area has ignored this woman's please for help..
So you tell me how do gun laws protect you if this is acceptable?
Please feel free to share

The sad part about stuff like this is the people who support more gun laws. Tell them this story and they just shut down, don't want to hear it. It's all emotion. Next anti gun law that comes up they are still all in on it and will ignore stuff like this.

Joken,

Haven't you heard?

Felons are now considered victims...are noble and the new protected class.

These poor devils have been mis-treated and there are some wonderful new ideas of on the horizon on how to improve their lives - first set em free, now matter if they're in for being violent, or heavy duty drug dealers, murderers, sex criminals, pish posh, that's all water under the bridge.

A felon with a mere gun, well, many think felons need guns as much as the law abiding, (so say many bleeding cardiacs) otherwise it'll harder for him to rob you....sheesh, get with the program.

He's gotta make a living, be reasonable.

Okay just as an illustration of how worthless Washington State gun laws are let me share with you a little story.
. When the husband left he proceeded to steal Jessica's 9 mm handgun which is registered in Jessica's name. This promoted Jessica to report the gun stolen to the Washington State Police and to Battleground PD and the Clark County sheriff's department. All of the agencies referred her to other agencies before Battle Ground PD was willing to make an informational only report. The soon to be ex-husband is known for being mentally unstable, suicidal, on medication for his mental instability and is a known member of a criminal organization ( biker gang ).
Now in the months following her kicking him out, Jessica filed for divorce and notified the court of the stolen firearm and requested a full-blown restraining order. Only after committing a felony offense against her and after many attempts was the protection order granted against the soon-to-be ex-husband.
After the felony conviction, Jessica immediately reported to the Washington State Police Battle ground PD and the Clark county sheriff's department that he was now a felon in possession of a stolen firearm. Nobody seemed concerned but which they came out they took a report and said they couldn't do anything.
Now many months go by and they are finalizing their divorce and her soon-to-be ex-husband admits in open Court as to being in possession of not just one, but several firearms, including the one that he admittedly stole from Jessica, as well as being a felon in possession of a firearm and a member of a known criminal organization ( biker gang ). Again the court does nothing to ensure Jessica's safety or to put an end to these issues, but instead they Grant him visitation with their children , requiring her to break the 1000 foot restraining / protective order against him each time Jessica has to transfer the kids. The court showed no concern for the safety of Jessica or her children but regarded this felon's rights as more important.
At this point Jessica was distraught and took this court document to the sheriff's department. Once again they say that there's nothing they can do. The state police say that there's nothing they can do and battleground Police department say there is nothing they can do.
So now here we are 6 months later and Jessica is still trying to get some semblance of justice. The firearm was ordered to be returned to them in her divorce and she is still attempting to get her firearm back. Now the ex-husband openly admits in court again that he illegally transferred the stolen firearm to another individual without doing a background check, violating Washington's strict gun laws at a minimum.
All this is done in violation of four separate court orders to return the firearm to Jessica via the Clark county sheriff's department..
For over a year now this abusive criminal piece of garbage has been running around with a stolen firearm and every law enforcement agency in the the area has ignored this woman's please for help..

The answer is easy, Gun laws are for law abiding individuals.

The gun couldn't have been registered in the estranged wife's name because we don't have a registration law. It may have been recorded as her purchasing it as an individual. Generally, guns in Washington state are treated much like community property. If a spouse deceases, the other spouse is considered the owner. When the estranged husband left with the firearm, it was considered a civil matter by law enforcement. However, once it was established that he couldn't lawfully possess it, it should have been the duty of law enforcement to retrieve the weapon and potentially charge the offender.

When you acknowledge that gun laws are at their core, never about safety, and more about controlling the citizenry, then things like this aren't surprising. They are disgusting, but not surprising.

Maybe the whole judge and local PD don't want to mess with a biker gang?

The biker-ex did not threaten or challenge the authority of any government agency or official.

He showed up for court. He answered the questions honestly. What more can you ask?

What are we supposed to do about it? Maybe bubbleguming about it on a fire arm discussion forum will solve the problem?

Why don't the members of the un-named forum contact their reps in Olympia? Maybe people from the un-named forum should contact news media. Maybe Jessica should contact her rep and the news media.

Or? The whole thing could be a huge troll? Scam? Not you @joken , but someone on the un-named forum.

I sympathize with her plight and hope she can get a resolution.

Unfortunately, if true, this is just another story that confirms my suspicion that firearms laws are not meant to be enforced for the benefit of the people, but rather to be used as a cudgel against the people only when it benefits the "powers that be".

I sympathize with her plight and hope she can get a resolution.

Unfortunately, if true, this is just another story that confirms my suspicion that firearms laws are not meant to be enforced for the benefit of the people, but rather to be used as a cudgel against the people only when it benefits the "powers that be".

Count how many times politicians have put exceptions for criminals in gun control laws.

What are we supposed to do about it? Maybe bubbleguming about it on a fire arm discussion forum will solve the problem?

Why don't the members of the un-named forum contact their reps in Olympia? Maybe people from the un-named forum should contact news media. Maybe Jessica should contact her rep and the news media.

Or? The whole thing could be a huge troll? Scam? Not you @joken , but someone on the un-named forum.
This was posted in the Facebook Group GGWG (Good Guys With Guns) The group has 3300 members and this was posted by Joseph L Clark. He encouraged sharing this post. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ggwgor/. I belong to quite a few gun groups and try to stay up to date on the latest bad news. I have to assume the intent of this post is to make as many people as possible aware of the selective enforcement of gun laws. I shared this here for that reason, and you are welcome to do more than find fault with it if you like.

This was posted in the Facebook Group GGWG (Good Guys With Guns) The group has 3300 members and this was posted by Joseph L Clark. He encouraged sharing this post. GGWG Oregon. I belong to quite a few gun groups and try to stay up to date on the latest bad news. I have to assume the intent of this post is to make as many people as possible aware of the selective enforcement of gun laws. I shared this here for that reason, and you are welcome to do more than find fault with it if you like.

I apologize for coming off like that. I was just on one yesterday afternoon I guess. I though about that afterward. Thanks for not telling me to piss-off and put me on ignore. I consider you a highly respected member of this forum.

I think i'm at the point of giving the hairy eye-ball to any, and all, stories that are so fantastical. As far as media sources i'm finding my self unable to believe anything at first notice. Look at all the hubbub created across the country by that vet all tactical-ed out setting of a crap storm across the country? And what really happened? :rolleyes: There's STILL no way to know for sure!

And I notice the farcebook link has been deleted? Or linked wrong? Wut? :confused:

One thing I know FOR SURE.... The sun will rise in the East/set in the West. And there are football games on Thanks Giving. :D

Last Edited:

Any time I read stuff like this I wonder, is it made up. No doubt some are. The downer is I know some are not. As for the "media", good luck with that. Stories like this show that gun laws only effect those who obey the law. Few if any media outlets would touch this story for just this reason. Most of them are all in on every new gun law. They are not going to push a story that shows the laws they are for do nothing to criminals.
The Cops hands are tied by the people who prosecute. If dobad in this case is not wiling to walk in with said gun in hand they have nothing. They could arrest him saying he admitted he broke the law. Any first year public defender would get it tossed if the prosecutor even wanted it, which they will not. They know it's a loser and will not spend time or money on it. So bottom line the woman. She has done what she was supposed to do. Sadly now all she can do is follow the law and I hope she has means to defend herself if needed. Hopefully she will make better choices with her friends after this and in time this will be a distant memory.

I apologize for coming off like that. I was just on one yesterday afternoon I guess. I though about that afterward. Thanks for not telling me to piss-off and put me on ignore. I consider you a highly respected member of this forum.

I think i'm at the point of giving the hairy eye-ball to any, and all, stories that are so fantastical. As far as media sources i'm finding my self unable to believe anything at first notice. Look at all the hubbub created across the country by that vet all tactical-ed out setting of a crap storm across the country? And what really happened? :rolleyes: There's STILL no way to know for sure!

And I notice the farcebook link has been deleted? Or linked wrong? Wut? :confused:

One thing I know FOR SURE.... The sun will rise in the East/set in the West. And there are football games on Thanks Giving. :D

Thanks Mike, Humility is a scarce trait among men these days. No hard feelings here, quite the contrary, your apology says a lot about your character. I hope you are having a happy Thanksgiving. Ken GGWG Oregon

It seems to me that most law enforcement folks believe that dirt bag felons will sooner then later do something that sends them back to prison, it's just a matter of time. Hopefully, the felon doesn't do to much damage before he's rounded up.

So, why doesn't she take this to a media outlet? They love stuff like this.

The media only wants horror story's. If her own pistol is used on her they will be all over it.

. It is always the possibility she purchased the gun for him and now is doing preventative maintenance to cover her back side . :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads