JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's a link to the article: Background checks to be included in Senate gun bill

The article talks about background checks at gun shows and for sales the internet. We allready have the gun show requirement in Oregon and most have accepted it (not necessarily like it, but accept it). Internet sales is one that seems impossible to enforce, with the exception of sales from a dealer, which is allready done. For interstate sales, isn't a background check allready required? I know the sale needs to go through a FFL.

I suppose that it's easy to bypass if it's a private sale but that's the case with any law. It's up to the individual to know and comply with the law.

Just seems to me that the only thing new is the registration aspect. Am I off base here?

The people who think that internet sales are a problem are obviously unaware of how the system works. You can buy a gun on the internet, but you cannot legally ship it to anyone but an FFL. Once it gets to the FFL, the buyer must fill out an ATF form 4473 and go through a background check. Only then is the firearm released to the buyer. Private citizens selling to residents of their same state still need to meet face to face to sell a firearm.

I think the people who worry about internet sales think that buying a gun online is like shopping for a t-shirt on Amazon - they think that you buy it and it gets shipped directly to your home.

Scary Times We Live In. Drone Strikes. Ndaa. Patriot act. Government Assassination. Now Gun Registery? I Believe Our Republic Has Fallen To Its Knees. but Will it Stand Again?:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top