JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you are under the impression that making drugs illegal stops illegal drugs from being sold/used/misused?

I've got news for you; as a former federal LEO who worked the "war on drugs", the laws only make it worse and do no good for drug users, they only harm them.
i'd beg to differ. I've seen the increase since drugs were decriminalized. I fully understand that by making something illegal, you essentially create an opening for the black market to exploit and criminal activity at that level increases. The problem is that with drugs decriminalized, the streets get works. The crime "at the bottom" gets worse. It's a double-edged sword.

I don't know. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if when drugs are decriminalized, if the soft-on-crime POS prosecutors, judges and politicians would actually hold criminals accountable for the crime that comes along with drug use...

I don't really give a rats bubblegum if somebody wants to ruin their life with drugs. I just hate the fact that they then become a burden on the rest of us.

RE : Solving our problem(s) with illegal drug users.
Just Legalize It.

Well, hasn't decriminalization sort of done that already?

YES, but why not the next step. That is, change the law, make it all LEGAL. So then.....by definition......it's now a "Life Style Choice."

Yeah......I might just/maybe could be convinced to go with that. But know that....with choice comes......responsibility.

LOL.....they can vote. So obviously, they can be trusted to handle their own life decisions. And thus, since it's ALL a "Lifestyle Choice". We (the taxpayers) won't/don't need to support such behaviors? Afterall, it was their choice.

IMHO, YES.

But then, don't stop at only the Illegal Drug Users. Why not cut off the aid to those who chose to live with other "Lifestyle Choices" that is costing the taxpayers money. Such as......choosing, NOT to work.

Shut down......Housing Programs, Food Stamp Programs, Early Education and School Lunch Programs, subsidy money for this or that, etc.... etc...... Afterall, I shouldn't be forced to..... support a "Life Style Choice" that someone else is making. Responsibility right. And mind you that I'm NOT JUDGING. You're FREE to choose your own Life Style.

BUT, But, but......what about the kids? And......there needs to be a "safety net".

OK, maybe, perhaps. But, it can't be a prolonged/generational safety net (like we have now).

OMG.....he's solved more than just the Illegal Drug Problem.

Aloha, Mark

Responsibility for ones choices. That is a hell of a concept!
Unfortunately for us who choose to be responsible, we are becoming more and more responsible for the choices of others as well.

i'd beg to differ. I've seen the increase since drugs were decriminalized. I fully understand that by making something illegal, you essentially create an opening for the black market to exploit and criminal activity at that level increases. The problem is that with drugs decriminalized, the streets get works. The crime "at the bottom" gets worse. It's a double-edged sword.

I don't know. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if when drugs are decriminalized, if the soft-on-crime POS prosecutors, judges and politicians would actually hold criminals accountable for the crime that comes along with drug use...
Crime due to drugs is mostly because drugs are still illicit to traffic and sell. Illicit drugs cost a orders of magnitude more than the same drugs would cost if they were sold OTC. It is the cost of drugs that drives most of the crime, by drug users, drug sellers and government corruption. Make drugs as cheap and easy to get as aspirin and a significant amount of that crime would go away.

Drug traffickers do not sell drugs because they believe in drug use, they sell drugs for the money. Illicit drugs are expensive because they are illicit.

I don't really give a rats bubblegum if somebody wants to ruin their life with drugs. I just hate the fact that they then become a burden on the rest of us.
The "burden" is an issue. But it is the circular logic of the nanny state; e.g., Mandate wearing helmets when riding motorcycles (and now bicycles) to protect people. Also mandate that "society" must pay for healthcare for everybody.

Now lobby for allowing people to make their own decisions about PPE?

Oh no - can't do that, people might get hurt, have to go to the hospital, those who don't have insurance then cost "society" $ for their care?

So how did "society" become responsible for their care? Same people who mandated PPE also mandate we pay for their care, and now use the argument that since we are responsible for their care, we can therefore force them to wear PPE (e.g., helmets).

I wear a helmet when I ride - but I am all for legalizing stupidity in order to keep government and "society" out of my life.

I don't use illicit drugs, but the so called "war on drugs" has overall done more harm than good.

And the sentence should fit the felony.

If one is considered not safe to be free out in society with a gun, then why release that one? :rolleyes:
Dirt naps for pedophiles, child abusers and animal abuse. All of them should die. Immediately. We don't need them in society.

Violent crimes are violations of criminal law that involve the intentional use of violence by one person against another. Social scientists do not agree on a single or unified definition of violence, however. Criminologists tend to favor narrow definitions of violence, focusing on physical harm or threats. Many, but not all, criminologists accept the definition provided by an influential National Research Council study, which defined violence as "behaviors by individuals that intentionally threaten, attempt, or inflict physical harm on others

So in short there is not a commonly accepted definition of violent crime. Maybe we ought to fix that first.

Who will be next in line for dirt naps?
I don't think you want my list. Cause I'm ok with a lot of people who conduct themselves in specific ways or do certain things taking their last breath.

I'm also a fan of cruel and unusual punishment.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top