JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, given that the plaintiff tried to comply with the law but the CA system shut down before the deadline. So the guy has his name on the computer system and the CA DOJ is going to confiscate his guns because he didn't register them on time...
Because their system failed.

My comment was more along the lines of "this is how far we've come, not suing, or fighting (!), because we have to register, but because they won't let us register".

Am I the only one that is reminded of the ObamaCare system-wide failure that caused thousands to miss the sign up deadline? Coincidence? .gov implements policy requiring individuals to use their system to be in compliance, then said system fails. Yeah..no. I don't think so. :rolleyes:

Once again.
His name supposedly was already in the DOJ system, but it shut him out. Before the deadline passed! So now, the deadline has passed and Joe Smith, address 123 4th St, Dipstick CA 95123, owner of AR 15 serial number xxxxxx. Is sitting on a DOJ system as the owner of an un-registered "assault weapon" and liable for confiscation and/or arrest. So he is now forced to sue the DOJ in order to protect his property and stay out of jail.
Mock him if you must for following a stupid law in the first place, but the CA DOJ screwed up and then blamed him for waiting till the last minute, while having a clock on their website counting down to the deadline.
Their arrogance if the real cause of the lawsuit here.

eta More than one guy got screwed by the CA DOJ foul up.

They will take control, by any means necessary. Punish, punish, punish. Tax, tax, tax. Jail, jail, jail. The sad part is they have won over the vast majority of California. Truly nice and well meaning people. The kind that leaves their baby at the edge of a swamp in Florida. Yes, they were surprised too. One day any number of scenarios will be the alligator that snatches California into reality. Unfortunately, I have family behind enemy lines.

Last Edited:
They will take control, by any means necessary. Punish, punish, punish. Tax, tax, tax. Jail, jail, jail. The sad part is they have won over the vast majority of California. Truly nice and well meaning people. The kind that leaves their baby at the edge of a swamp in Florida. Yes, they were surprised too. One day. any number of scenarios will be the alligator that snatches California into reality. Unfortunately, I have family behind enemy lines.
Yep, me too

They will take control, by any means necessary. Punish, punish, punish. Tax, tax, tax. Jail, jail, jail. The sad part is they have won over the vast majority of California. Truly nice and well meaning people. The kind that leaves their baby at the edge of a swamp in Florida. Yes, they were surprised too. One day. any number of scenarios will be the alligator that snatches California into reality. Unfortunately, I have family behind enemy lines.
I feel your pin as I have family there as well, it's a sad, sad place. They're amazed when they visit Oregon and there's cases of ammo on the sales floor, where you can serve yourself, it's jot like that there... But enjoy this freedom we have remaining, because in just a couple of years it'll be gone...

Yea, clean out the state capital and put constitutionalist in there who understand they serve at our pleasure
Watch what happens in Seattle with the city council. After they tried that money grab from Amazon 4 of the 7 won't be running, they couldn't even hold a meeting w/o getting booed. Granted it'll still be Liberal, it is Seattle. But Liberal rather than Leftists any day of the week.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top