Sporting Systems
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Gun Deals
Oregon Rifleworks
J&B Firearm Sales
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Southwest Firearms Forum
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

National Federal Government Can't Just Allow 3D Gunmaking Software To Proliferate Without a License, Federal Judge Declares

RicInOR

Reactions
Federal Government Can't Just Allow 3D Gunmaking Software To Proliferate Without a License, Federal Judge Declares

Various states sued to stop the feds from allowing such gun-making files to circulate legally. Now, a federal judge says the decision to not prohibit them was "arbitrary and capricious."
BRIAN DOHERTY | 11.13.2019 5:45 PM

Last edited:
OP
RicInOR

RicInOR

Reactions
Western District of Washington

This week, Judge Robert A. Lasnik of U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, in deciding on motions for summary judgment in that suit, State of Washington et al. v. U.S. Department of State et al., agreed that removing those files from the USML was unlawful based on the APA arguments (though not the 10th Amendment ones), and reversed the federal government's choice to allow free distribution of the files.

Reactions
This ruling is a prime example of elevating adminstrative regulations over the 1A. Hopefully it gets crushed on appeal.

Reactions
When TV shows are routinely available immediately after airing (and sometimes before) at numerous sites for anyone who cares to look, you have to be dumber than a box of rocks to think there is any prayer of controlling information on the internet.

Reactions
When TV shows are routinely available immediately after airing (and sometimes before) at numerous sites for anyone who cares to look, you have to be dumber than a box of rocks to think there is any prayer of controlling information on the internet.
Screw that, when Hollywood movies are on Piratebay or whatever it's called before even being released then the genie's REALLY out of the bottle...

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a second gunsmithing job completed by Mr. Copeland. As with the first, he did amazingly good work, communication was solid, and the rates...
    • CountryGent
    5.00 star(s)
    I brought Tim a henry goldenboy youth and a vision of what I wanted. Tim made it come true at a very reasonable price, while others quoted me way...
    • Iceman04503
    5.00 star(s)
    Tim, has done several projects including a sweet 1911 .38 super project
    • Qochoc
  • Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS