JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is equivalent of saying "Judge denies last ditch effort to block release of cat pictures on the internet"

huh? there are already tons of blueprints on the internet. There are whole websites dedicated to home gun building. The first 3D printed gun was successfully fired 5 years ago and the files have been on the internet since then.

It's like the judge and the attorney's were raised in caves with no contact with the outer world and made a judgement based on not knowing anything about what the internet is.

That is equivalent of saying "Judge denies last ditch effort to block release of cat pictures on the internet"

huh? there are already tons of blueprints on the internet. There are whole websites dedicated to home gun building. The first 3D printed gun was successfully fired 5 years ago and the files have been on the internet since then.

It's like the judge and the attorney's were raised in caves with no contact with the outer world and made a judgement based on not knowing anything about what the internet is.

I'm confused by your comment. A judge is doing his job, and so are the attorneys. And the judge ruled appropriately against the last efforts to stop free expression. Whether it's already been done I'm sure was taken into account. Whether an attorney is working for money, or a personal belief still amounts to wanting to get paid or change laws. Seems like all involved you're griping about are just doing their jobs.

I'm confused by your comment. A judge is doing his job, and so are the attorneys. And the judge ruled appropriately against the last efforts to stop free expression. Whether it's already been done I'm sure was taken into account. Whether an attorney is working for money, or a personal belief still amounts to wanting to get paid or change laws. Seems like all involved you're griping about are just doing their jobs.

It is the usual poorly written article that makes it seem like this technology is currently being completely restricted from the public and once the ruling is done easily 3D printed guns will be available to everyone. When in reality, the files are still available, found easily on the internet and include hundreds if not more files for printing everything from accessories to full firearms minus the barrel.

Specifically, they are trying to halt "the blueprint distribution" when the blueprints have been freely available for years, copied over and over millions of time.

Assuming the plaintiffs are the Brady campaign and Everytown, they are fighting for closing the barn door well after all the animals have run out.

My comment is to the absurdity of even having an article about it.

It is the usual poorly written article that makes it seem like this technology is currently being completely restricted from the public and once the ruling is done easily 3D printed guns will be available to everyone. When in reality, the files are still available, found easily on the internet and include hundreds if not more files for printing everything from accessories to full firearms minus the barrel.

Specifically, they are trying to halt "the blueprint distribution" when the blueprints have been freely available for years, copied over and over millions of time.

Assuming the plaintiffs are the Brady campaign and Everytown, they are fighting for closing the barn door well after all the animals have run out.

My comment is to the absurdity of even having an article about it.

It's all about appearances and generating media interest..

Had Brady and Everytown been successful in getting the release blocked, the next step would have been a media victory lap, even though it would have been a meaningless victory.

But most people wouldn't know that.

E

I never heard about this & I'm guessing most gun owners never heard about it as well. Huge thanks to Cody Wilson & the SAF for their work on this.

After a multiyear legal battle, the federal government last month entered into a settlement with Defense Distributed founder Cody Wilson, permitting him to publish his arsenal of firearm blueprints online. He intends to do so on Aug. 1. Lawmakers' 11th-hour efforts have done nothing to halt his plans, and on Friday a federal judge denied a motion for an emergency injunction brought forward by a trio of gun-control groups. {Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Everytown for Gun Safety and the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence}

The stories are here

Gun-safety activist Fred Guttenberg arrived in Washington to address the Democratic caucus on Monday, furious that Congress had failed to prevent the potential spread of 3-D-printed guns. (Fred is a full blown anti-gun activist whose daughter was killed in the Florida school shooting.)

& here.

Not to be out done, the anti-3D printed gun rehtoric is being pushed by Ted Deutch (a Florida congressman) to demand a hearing on what the courts all ready signed off on. And along with Teds demands, 40 others jumped on the 'ol bandwagon. 1 from Oregon & none from Idaho or Wa. The shéét never ends.. What a joke by a bunch of idiots. But those idiots make it hard on us.

Dan

The letter was co-signed by Reps. Adriano Espaillat (NY-13), Alcee Hastings (FL-20), Lloyd Doggett (TX-35), Bill Pascrell, Jr. (NJ-09), Michael Capuano (MA-07), Joseph Crowley (NY-14), Jan Schakowsky (IL-09), Raul Grijalva (AZ-03), Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL-23), Hank Johnson, Jr. (GA-04), Niki Tsongas (MA-03), Carol Shea-Porter (NH-01), Robin Kelly (IL-02), Katherine Clark (MA-05), Donald Norcross (NJ-01), Debbie Dingell (MI-12), A. Donald McEachin (VA-04), Jimmy Gomez (CA-34), Seth Moulton (MA-06), James McGovern (MA-02), Yvette Clarke (NY-09), Jared Huffman (CA-02), Albio Sires (NJ-08), Danny Davis (IL-07), Salud Carbajal (CA-24), Alan Lowenthal (CA-47), Mike Thompson (CA-05), Charlie Crist (FL-13), Brendan Boyle (PA-13), Colleen Hanabusa (HI-01), Sander Levin (MI-09), Adam Schiff (CA-28), Brad Sherman (CA-30), Scott Peters (CA-52), Stephanie Murphy (FL-07), Thomas Suozzi (NY-03), Jim Cooper (TN-05), Maxine Waters (CA-43), Josh Gottheimer (NJ-05), and Peter A. DeFazio (OR-04).

Need to ask Peter DeFazio if he is in favor of the equivalent of digital book burning. Or if he really understand hoe 3D printing actually works. Especially vs going to the hardware store and spending $15 on materials to make a gun at home.

Not over yet. I think Schumer is working on a bill that would make them illegal. Not that it'll matter once the fileas are all out.

First, if a law passes that infringes the 1A to such an extent, it's obvious we've crossed the line from constitutional republic to authoritarian rule. Secondly, the Defcad files are already out there out there along with multiple others and from multiple sources. You can start your stockpile at FOSSCAD: FOSSCAD – Free Open Source Software & Computer Aided Design The server is located in Panama BTW, so good luck to Everytown shutting it down.

I wrote Ferguson a letter opposing his 'new' garbage lawsuit over 3d printing weapons. The man's obviously deranged and should undergo a psychiatric exam. He's wasting MY tax dollars on a frivolous lawsuit.

Dan

Neither Bloomberg's NOR Soros Billions can stop this...

Let alone someone as lame as Schumer or his ilk....

Plans are already out there, being squirreled away, more will be available in just several hours...

The cats out of the bag... The horse is out of the barn... The milk has been spilled... And the ship has sailed...

Neither Bloomberg's NOR Soros Billions can stop this...

Let alone someone as lame as Schumer or his ilk....

Plans are already out there, being squirreled away, more will be available in just several hours...

The cats out of the bag... The horse is out of the barn... The milk has been spilled... And the ship has sailed...

not only that, but people have been printing, testing and redesigning what is available over the last 5 years. An exact copy of a AR receiver when 3D printed with current printers isnt very robust, because it is not metal.

So there are a number of receiver plans that are oversized for holding up when made out of plastic, like this one:
ym5ga3Q.png

3D printers are also improving the type of materials that can be used and they are getting stronger. There are glass impregnated filaments and carbon impregnated filaments now. They are advancing the tech for filament printing stuff as strong as steel at home.

So as these idiots waist time in court trying to get 5 year old files from being "released," everyone else has been advancing the tech exponentially in the mean time.

If anyone is curious as what types of things are in the fosscad file pack, this is a list of pictures of the types of things people are working on.

FOSSCAD MEGA PACK v4.8 (Ishikawa) Album

I think it's silly trying to block a file on the internet. Media piracy has shown that people will always download movies/TV shows/music even if people play whack-a-mole with a website.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads